Please before give a warning for someone make sure you know what happened

nguyenle

Non-member
So this morning about 5:30 or 6:00 AM
One FK non-members try to sell 2 kessil and 2 radion xr30 gen 3 but he not pay-member. I just comment on his post about the rules.
Much be pay-members to sell anything if admins can see aviolation of rules they will remove the post or can ban IP.
Somehow he ( the non pay-members remove his post and system just change it to my post)
So i just share a rule for new non pay-members and get the warnings?????
Yo i know you try doing your job but make sure you know what happend first then give a warning.
Why non-pay members can sell aton of stuck without issue and I pay 20$ to try sell something just share remains some one about the rule get the warning ?????????

I don’t know what your trying to say. You might want to reread your post and try again. Just trying to help.

I agree. I think the rules should change regarding new members posting. They shouldnt be able to start threads without paying, just reply to members. If you own a reef tank and cant afford $20 you dont belong here anyway.
I agree with this as well, there should be a restriction on the marketplace that blocks non members from posting.

I belong to another group/ hobby and non members aren’t allowed to do nothing but browse the site. Their membership is triple ours. The club is strong with new members regularly. I was just talking to my wife about this. What’s the difference from being a non member here? Hate to say it but your getting a lot if you don’t want to contribute $20 to keep the club healthy. I strongly believe to post on Boston Reef you should pay $20!! This will also have members that are serious about learning and getting into the hobby. Just my opinion, hope I didn’t offend anyone. happy reefing!

I belong to another group/ hobby and non members aren’t allowed to do nothing but browse the site. Their membership is triple ours. The club is strong with new members regularly. I was just talking to my wife about this. What’s the difference from being a non member here? Hate to say it but your getting a lot if you don’t want to contribute $20 to keep the club healthy. I strongly believe to post on Boston Reef you should pay $20!! This will also have members that are serious about learning and getting into the hobby. Just my opinion, hope I didn’t offend anyone. happy reefing!
makes perfect sense to me

yea I get it, Im not a member because I dont have a way to pay online but If i could pay with cash I would be a member.

So this morning about 5:30 or 6:00 AM
One FK non-members try to sell 2 kessil and 2 radion xr30 gen 3 but he not pay-member. I just comment on his post about the rules.
Much be pay-members to sell anything if admins can see aviolation of rules they will remove the post or can ban IP.
Somehow he ( the non pay-members remove his post and system just change it to my post)
So i just share a rule for new non pay-members and get the warnings?????
Yo i know you try doing your job but make sure you know what happend first then give a warning.
Why non-pay members can sell aton of stuck without issue and I pay 20$ to try sell something just share remains some one about the rule get the warning ?????????
I'll be honest to whoever's seeing this message this website of BRS should be upgraded so won't allow people to sell without a paid member. That's how I feel

The original posted @nguyenle was incorrectly moderated by myself. Not sure what happened but I confused him with the non paid member who was trying to sell items twice. It was a mix up behind the scenes and I take full responsibility and appoligized in a PM and now I'm appologizing in public for the mix up. I am taking steps to try and ammend the mistske.

As long as the thread stays on track about members and non members selling rights this thread can remain open as I believe it is a good topic to discuss. I know the staff/BOD are always looking for ideas and inputs from the membership and selling is always a hot topic on the forums.

Why is there a thread for this? This couldn’t be handled thru pm.

I agree with everyone, paid members should only be able to post items for sale. Mods handle these issues, not someone like the op.

The way I feel is if op minded his business there would be no confusion. Simple human error could’ve been handled thru private message, not putting someone on blast here. Jeez!

For anyone that feels like contributing to make this a better place contact via PM or by email, hell call me even. My info is listed everywhere. There are a few key players behind the scenes and we could always use the help. There aren't any forseeable (sp?) Meetings taking place, so if anyon wants to pay, we'll accept money orders, checks, wire transfers via PayPal, venmo, cashapp, etc. Contact me for details. It's just a lot easier with PayPal via the forum. I'm new to the forum software and doing my best to make it better. I feel the same as most of you, it's just a matter of time before all the kinks are worked out and upgraded before things can be implemented. BOD are currently working on revising rules as they haven't been done in quite a while. Please be patient, none of us are being paid for this. Other than a sense of gratification knowing this will become a better place for people just like us, people with a passion for this hobby.

Also, there is a spot open for a BOD member and if anyone has any Linux or server experience, I could use some help on the back end.

Last edited:
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back