PLEASE HELP

ileas

Non-member
Hi, so my yellow eye kole tang and my gramma have both died with apparent ich. I’m worried about the rest of my fish now and I don’t know what to do. One of My clownfish is barely eating and swimming. I’m 16 and seriously can’t afford the expensive meds in stuff not to mention if by the time they get to my house that all the fish are dead. What do I do please all responses are welcome. Ps I know it says I’m 23 but I didn’t know if you had to be 18 to join so I lied

Ok I think you should've had a supervision of an adult through this but you can get medication from the store and put your fish in a separate tank. I believe something effective will be around 30$

Look up hypo salinity. You’ll need to transfer your fish out of your tank and into a quarantine tank. That’s the only thing that can help without being meds

Ok I think you should've had a supervision of an adult through this but you can get medication from the store and put your fish in a separate tank. I believe something effective will be around 30$
How am I supposed to catch the wrasses? It’s a 125 btw

Snorkel and fins. JK, maybe lower the water in the tank and possibly remove the rock. Other than that try a fish trap.

what about garlic soaking?
I believe garlic isn't a beneficial supplement and is a myth. I was just watching something from.bulk reef supply investigates series and they said that garlic has no benefit.

what about garlic soaking?
I believe garlic isn't a beneficial supplement and is a myth. I was just watching something from.bulk reef supply investigates series and they said that garlic has no benefit.

Small amount of freshly grounded garlic juice can encourage some fish to feed. It has no affect on treating ich.
Another example of old school myth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's got a similar amount of elements and vitamins as seaweed, same thing with bock choi and broccoli. Those are only good supplements. That'd be like taking 4 vitamin d pills a day and hoping your malaria will go away. Maybe your body will rally and gather enough strength but in a lot of cases, if not most, the subject will need to have the cause of the illness treated directly instead. Ich is a parasite and will continue to breed and leave it's eggs until treated directly, and since your other fish died I would guess the chances of the others immune systems fighting it is slim.

That's were we get creative, the tank transfer method works by removing the fish from the cause (hopefully all the buggers jumped off before you move the fish) and placing it in a clean(er) area. Hyposalinity is also a good option if your not trying to spend $$. My apologies for not mentioning it before I forgot it existed since I haven't done it.

Thank you again everyone. Yea I’m still unsure because no way I can catch my fish so I’m going to have to find another solution

Thank you again everyone. Yea I’m still unsure because no way I can catch my fish so I’m going to have to find another solution
A net? Some pantyhose rubber banded around a water bottle that's been cut at an angle so it looks like a scooper. Then use long straight part of a plastic coat hanger glued/rubber banded as the handle. Wash the pantyhose in vinegar tho before you put it in your tank, could have detergent or fabric softener which will only cause issues.

Feed well and clean system will help. Do you have an ammonia spike or higher nitrites? Those can cause stress for fish.

I am in the same boat as Paul B. Ich happens unless you are very vigalent before adding fish with proper quarantine. Feeding them well not over stocking the tank and doing regular water changes will help keep fish happy and healthy enough to not succumb to the ich.

Feed well and clean system will help. Do you have an ammonia spike or higher nitrites? Those can cause stress for fish.

I am in the same boat as Paul B. Ich happens unless you are very vigalent before adding fish with proper quarantine. Feeding them well not over stocking the tank and doing regular water changes will help keep fish happy and healthy enough to not succumb to the ich.
I think a sort of newly acquired kole tang brought it in and just didnt show it for a bit. Or was it dongs coral !?!?!?!?!?! just kidding dong ur great

A net? Some pantyhose rubber banded around a water bottle that's been cut at an angle so it looks like a scooper. Then use long straight part of a plastic coat hanger glued/rubber banded as the handle. Wash the pantyhose in vinegar tho before you put it in your tank, could have detergent or fabric softener which will only cause issues.
I have a net lol but i simply cannot catch 3 wrasses

Hey bud pm me. If you can get Jay to take PayPal I'll buy you the meds
No you dont need to do that seriously, at this point im just feeding a lot because i know the copper is cheap but the reef safe ones arent. Im unable to get all the fish out unless i actually take out 100lbs of rock

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back