WTB Pond goldfish

jasonrusso

BRS Member
My friend is looking for some goldfish for a pond in his yard. Only has one in the pond now. Pond is about 20x20. How many should he get and where can you get them?

jasonrusso

BRS Member
How many can you put in a pond? He doesn't have any filtration (he just bought the house), maybe he should just buy a fountain.

aresangel

Tim- 2018 BRS Secretary
BRS Member
Officer
In tanks they say one fish per 20 gallons. For ponds I don’t know if that is the same and what he might need for circulation. Sean at the fishnook has set up a couple ponds for his customers and would have more information. I don’t know what is needed especially for the winter months.

Tim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Collin

BRS Member
I personally just made a pond, and stocked it with sunfish. After a day or two of getting adjusted they school together and are a very fun fish to watch. Anther benefit is for the winter you don’t have to bring them inside and can just release back to where you got them seeing as they are native fish. Just a suggestion.

jasonrusso

BRS Member
I personally just made a pond, and stocked it with sunfish. After a day or two of getting adjusted they school together and are a very fun fish to watch. Anther benefit is for the winter you don’t have to bring them inside and can just release back to where you got them seeing as they are native fish. Just a suggestion.

So you catch them and put them back in a real pond?

GraniteReefer

BRS Member
You could leave goldfish right in the pond all year. They can survive under ice, some even claim in ice if your pond freezes solid but I have yet to see any proof.