Portable Frag Table

Aquatic Nerd

(Formerly SeventyTimes7)
BRS Member
The Brs Fragtastic show is approaching and I'm really looking forward to vending for the first time. That said i began working on a little project, my own portable frag display set up. I have been going for a podium style set up.
Ive had a crazy lazer focus vision on his thing. My plan has been to build a small table to fit my 2'x2' flood table. Im going to throw threaded inserts on the 4"x4" legs so I can easily unscrew and break it down(will be easier to show once i have that part taken care of lol) i plan on using a small brute can as a sump with a filter sock, heater, and jebao dc3000. The reason for the sump being so i can hold a bunch of extra water to make up for what i am going to be giving away with the corals...as well filtering out whatever falls in the fragtank and hiding the heater. Lighting is going to be a Kessil. Working on a logo so i can get a banner made to fit the eventual front of the stand.
Ive never made an in depth build thread, and this is mostly a concept I've been working on so excuse me if Im all over the place.
Any input is appreciated...

Future pics to be uploaded as I go along.
As of now 8/1
I've got the base of the plywood table cut and the plumbing on the inside of the tank is ready.

Just need to get the table leg structure set up, paint, plumb the rest of it and build a fixture for the light.

Attachments

• 20170726_135043.jpg
    20170726_135043.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 687
this is a genius idea!! Gives you so much more buffer room as well in terms of extra water when bagging corals. My only concern would be ... how are you going to take the water out of the barrel when it comes breaking down time? With higher up frag tanks, it's easy to siphon it all out into a bucket below .. but with a barrel, might be a bit tough without making a mess. I suppose a pump might work with an elbow pointing down, so you have minimal amount of water left in the barrel.

Regardless, loving the idea! good job!

This is an exciting concept. Following along...

One option for draining the barrel, you could always drill and hole and use a bulkhead and plug.
To make it really convient put the whole table/platform on heavy duty casters so when you're ready you can wheel it right out to the parking lot, drain it, dissasemble it and you're good to go.

this is a genius idea!! Gives you so much more buffer room as well in terms of extra water when bagging corals. My only concern would be ... how are you going to take the water out of the barrel when it comes breaking down time? With higher up frag tanks, it's easy to siphon it all out into a bucket below .. but with a barrel, might be a bit tough without making a mess. I suppose a pump might work with an elbow pointing down, so you have minimal amount of water left in the barrel.

Regardless, loving the idea! good job!

Oop silly me shouldve mentioned that too. The barrell will sit on the brute wheelie attatchment and have a bulkhead with plug that ill just drain outside when done. If that doesnt work out ill just pump it into some 5 gallon buckets ill bring and dump it. More work but meh, it won't kill me.

Also have a neat idea for a way to carry a bunch of corals in using egg crate with pvc spacing more layers in a 5 gallon buckets haha.

IMG_1724.JPG
For carring frags in a 5 gallon bucket get these from ebay i think .
I saw it at the osra show this year the guys from Frag Freaks told me they got it online and drill bunch of frag holes .
Believe me they set up and close up faster then anyone there lol .
They are forum sponsor so you can ask then questions they always eager to help !

View attachment 114708 For carring frags in a 5 gallon bucket get these from ebay i think .
I saw it at the osra show this year the guys from Frag Freaks told me they got it online and drill bunch of frag holes .
Believe me they set up and close up faster then anyone there lol .
They are forum sponsor so you can ask then questions they always eager to help !
That looks way cleaner than my idea, ill reach out to them see if they can point me to where to find them

Back