Power outage

Abrooks12376

BRS Member
Pulled out the champion yesterday to knick the dust off, fired up 2nd pull! Ran with a shop vac going for 20 minutes, turned fuel off, let it run dry and put it away. I'm ready for Monday tooo!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

MikeG

They are estimating we won't have power until Sunday the earliest so going to be a lot of refilling gas tanks. Going through about 15 gallons a day.

Abrooks12376

BRS Member
They are estimating we won't have power until Sunday the earliest so going to be a lot of refilling gas tanks. Going through about 15 gallons a day.
That sucks man. Be strong! Well.. you'll be jacked after hauling all those cans around!

I'm finally getting use out of my Generac GP6500 I've had for 5 years or so. Been running for 36+ hours straight, already put 15 gallons into it! My biggest regret however is not getting a transfer switch for it as I cannot heat my house. :(

Cpage101

BRS Member
Make sure you shut down and check your oil every 8-10 hours and top off as required. I’m Going to do an oil change on mine as I just hit 30 hrs on a new generator. Ready if anything comes out of the Monday storm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Abrooks12376

BRS Member
I'm finally getting use out of my Generac GP6500 I've had for 5 years or so. Been running for 36+ hours straight, already put 15 gallons into it! My biggest regret however is not getting a transfer switch for it as I cannot heat my house. :(
Forced hot air?

Ba19Ma88

BRS Member
Yep. Gotta pull them out plan a huge water. Change then I guess fish shopping And a generator for that matter not that it would have helped as we were not home

Ba19Ma88

BRS Member
What’s everyone thought as to how much of a water change. I lost 2 clowns a lawnmower Benny, dottyback prob a rock flower and a Ll bubble tip pile some snails

nemodan

BRS Member
You are lucky. I have been already 48 hours without electricity and spent 3 full cans of gas ~$60 in gas, to keep house and fish/coral tanks. I expect at least another 24-36 hours more without electricity.

Abrooks12376

BRS Member
When this all blows over I have a simple way to get your forced got air furnace running during a power outage (gas must be uncompromised)