Power outage

Pulled out the champion yesterday to knick the dust off, fired up 2nd pull! Ran with a shop vac going for 20 minutes, turned fuel off, let it run dry and put it away. I'm ready for Monday tooo!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

They are estimating we won't have power until Sunday the earliest so going to be a lot of refilling gas tanks. Going through about 15 gallons a day.

They are estimating we won't have power until Sunday the earliest so going to be a lot of refilling gas tanks. Going through about 15 gallons a day.
That sucks man. Be strong! Well.. you'll be jacked after hauling all those cans around!

I'm finally getting use out of my Generac GP6500 I've had for 5 years or so. Been running for 36+ hours straight, already put 15 gallons into it! My biggest regret however is not getting a transfer switch for it as I cannot heat my house. :(

Make sure you shut down and check your oil every 8-10 hours and top off as required. I’m Going to do an oil change on mine as I just hit 30 hrs on a new generator. Ready if anything comes out of the Monday storm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm finally getting use out of my Generac GP6500 I've had for 5 years or so. Been running for 36+ hours straight, already put 15 gallons into it! My biggest regret however is not getting a transfer switch for it as I cannot heat my house. :(
Forced hot air?

Yep. Gotta pull them out plan a huge water. Change then I guess fish shopping And a generator for that matter not that it would have helped as we were not home

Do they make generators with battery powered crank with auto sensor if power is out?

What’s everyone thought as to how much of a water change. I lost 2 clowns a lawnmower Benny, dottyback prob a rock flower and a Ll bubble tip pile some snails

I would do 30-40% and run some carbon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You are lucky. I have been already 48 hours without electricity and spent 3 full cans of gas ~$60 in gas, to keep house and fish/coral tanks. I expect at least another 24-36 hours more without electricity.

When this all blows over I have a simple way to get your forced got air furnace running during a power outage (gas must be uncompromised)

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back