problem with membership

dcforester1

Finally enjoying my tank
I just noticed I was billed for a not one, but two memberships. One was a family membership, one individual. I don't know how I got billed twice, but was wondering who to notify to get on of them refunded? I would like to keep the individual, and have the family one refunded.

Thank You

Derek

I had to go onto paypal and cancel one membership, but the club and Bob was really great and helpful

I thought I posted about taking care of it when I got home from work. Guess it never made it. Anyway I took care of it.
Make sure you go to your paypal account and cancel the auto pay for the family membership.

Last edited:
I just noticed I was billed for a not one, but two memberships. One was a family membership, one individual. I don't know how I got billed twice, but was wondering who to notify to get on of them refunded? I would like to keep the individual, and have the family one refunded.

Thank You

Derek

so this doesn't happen in the future, Log into paypal then go to your Profile> My Money > My preapproved payments > Update > Choose the Boston Reefers Society, Inc. subscription and on the bottom of that page you can choose to cancel the subscription.

so this doesn't happen in the future, Log into paypal then go to your Profile> My Money > My preapproved payments > Update > Choose the Boston Reefers Society, Inc. subscription and on the bottom of that page you can choose to cancel the subscription.

What are your thoughts on making this a stickie above?

that is a link to the pay pal support not an updated explanation how to cansel the subscription from auto renew and it is not even working right now. That will most likely only make the person more upset if they have been double charged.

Good catch , I did not open the link. I went by the title of the post. Looks like Paypal redirected the link to their support page making the link/directions usless.

There were a couple of others that have had the same issue as well recently.

I will work on fixing/updating the sticky.
Thanks

Last edited:
Take a look when you guys have a minute. I edited the original sticky that had the bad link.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back