PSU's Peninsula Build

PSU4ME

BRS Member
OK Folks, after a whole bunch of back and forth, researching this and second guessing myself on that, I've come to what I think will be system I'll be running....... Actually it will be because the stuff is ordered!

• Tank/Stand/Sump - Waterbox 6026 - 60"x 26" x 24" Peninsula ~ 180g all in ( 140g display ish)
  • Lighting - DX18 4 bulb T5 fixture - adding 3x Gen 4 Radion Pros to it to make a combo light
  • Skimmer - Bubble King Mini 200......should be an absolute monster and quiet with the RD3 pump!
  • Controller - full Apex with additional EB832 strip
  • ATO - Tunze Osmolator
  • Return Pump - Vectra M2 - I bought 2 so i have a backup on hand!
  • UV - EA 50w
  • Sand - Mix of fiji pink and special grade
  • Rock - Using Dry rock that I've kept over the year due to the cool structures - will add a bit more (125# ish)
  • Powerheads - 2x Tunze 6015 0 starting there and i'll look at the MP40 addition later.
Plus all the other jazz you need.......Got all that too but not worth listing!

Open to everyone's feedback and/or questions!!

Can’t wait to watch this build. I loved your other tank. Welcome back to the addition

Thanks guys. Got the tank from @LoveTheReef and we are hoping for it to be ready next week. Might need to do some minor sump tweaks to fit the mighty bubble king but it should work well!

Tank floor established, now I need a tank......
F955F05C-CD44-4DBA-83D0-6820A5CAE270.jpeg
7FAC100D-3CFB-480C-BA10-1F5D92141887.jpeg

No, I was told it would ship this week but I’m waiting on confirmation. Frustrating when I have a basement full of equipment! Hopefully it’s in the week.

I have about 90# in a barrel for about 3 weeks now, tossing shrimp in every few days. Then I also bought 100# of dry rock from reed cleaners as I wanted to have enough pieces to make the right scape, I’ll have leftovers but it’s all good.

Depending on the process, some of the cured rock may get dried if I have to mortar it together but I’ll at least have some bacteria fro
The cured rocks ready to go. Not in a rush on the cycle, care more about getting the tank in and everything set up right

Looks great! I love the look of a peninsula tank. Wish I had the room for 1 in my house. Will be following along to see it progress.

Thanks, spent a lot of time on the rock work as it’s seen from 3 sides so it was a little challenging. Plan is to run 3 radions in an aquatic life DX18 T5 fixture

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back