Question regarding Spectra Pure ATO

mvallee

Non-member
I am looking into an ATO solution that will tie into the mixing station I have in the basement. I have an RODI system that fills a 55 gallon drum. I always have between 10-25 gallons of pure water ready to go and instead of trying to keep filling the puny 3 gallon ATO container that came with the red sea tank, which in the winter seems like a daily task. I want to tie my RODI container into that 3 gallon ATO tank using this from spectrapure "LiterMiter® lll Basic Auto Top Off System – LM3-APM" I would need to pump up about 10' and over about 12' and this pump is rated for 25' up and 60' over

Anyone using this setup? would you call it reliable? I know nothing is fool proof but going away for a couple weeks and this is the biggest challenge for the person I have watching my tank, if I could set it and forget it that would be a huge load off my mind.

While their products seem to be highly regarded the pictures and descriptions leave a lot to be desired on their website and no reviews either so hoping to get some positive reviews before I pull the trigger.

I use a wifi Kamoer pump ( similar to this https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/x1-bluetooth-micropump-kamoer.html ) to pump water from my reservoir from my basement to my ATO in the cabinet of the tank on the first floor.

I have it programmed to dose (xx)ml a day to my ATO in the cabinet of my tank. Like you, I had the same problem of having to fill it every couple days and it was a pain. Every couple months I change how many ml get pumped up from the basement depending on the season and how much is evaporating, but I don't have to worry about a float valve malfunctioning and making a mess. It is pretty easy just to login on my app to change from 3000ml to 3500ml if needed. I aim to keep my ATO in the cabinet half full and mark the water line, which gives me a couple gallons of leeway in either direction. As the weather changes I see the water line slowly moving up or down, but it takes weeks to either empty or overflow (which hasn't happened) and I just adjust the amount in the app.

For me, it gives me more peace of mind not depending on a float valve. The person watching the tank would just need to peek in maybe once a week and see the water level of your ATO.

I use a wifi Kamoer pump ( similar to this https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/x1-bluetooth-micropump-kamoer.html ) to pump water from my reservoir from my basement to my ATO in the cabinet of the tank on the first floor.

I have it programmed to dose (xx)ml a day to my ATO in the cabinet of my tank. Like you, I had the same problem of having to fill it every couple days and it was a pain. Every couple months I change how many ml get pumped up from the basement depending on the season and how much is evaporating, but I don't have to worry about a float valve malfunctioning and making a mess. It is pretty easy just to login on my app to change from 3000ml to 3500ml if needed. I aim to keep my ATO in the cabinet half full and mark the water line, which gives me a couple gallons of leeway in either direction. As the weather changes I see the water line slowly moving up or down, but it takes weeks to either empty or overflow (which hasn't happened) and I just adjust the amount in the app.

For me, it gives me more peace of mind not depending on a float valve. The person watching the tank would just need to peek in maybe once a week and see the water level of your ATO.

Thanks, more manual than I was thinking but does take the if it can fail it will especially when you are not around risk out of the equation. Definitely something to think about.

I haven't used that module, I have their UPLC ATO system though and used it with my sump on the first floor and it drew water from my storage container (35 gallon brute) in the basement with no issues. I ran this setup for about 3 years, no have the sump in the basement but still use the UPLC.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back