Radion XR30 G5 Blue Review

Mounted 6" above running AB+ average of roughly 575+ par, 7" above roughly 450 par, 8" above 400 par. All ran at 100%, I believe the numbers were tested at 12" below the water surface but not 100% sure as it was 3AM.

Mounted 6" above running AB+ average of roughly 575+ par, 7" above roughly 450 par, 8" above 400 par. All ran at 100%, I believe the numbers were tested at 12" below the water surface but not 100% sure as it was 3AM.
Yup 12” under water surface

We’re live, configuring now

First thoughts after plugging it is, wow. The spread is much nicer and the color/shimmer reminds me of a kessil almost. So far I think it’s significantly more visually appealing than a g4 with now diffuser.

Update: the fan just kicked on....you got to be $h!tting me. Who approved of this, last fan was silent this one sounds like an audible PC fan raging

Attachments

• EC018033-702C-4A5E-9518-8EF2FBD44807.jpeg
    EC018033-702C-4A5E-9518-8EF2FBD44807.jpeg
    97.7 KB · Views: 378
Last edited:
We’re live, configuring now

First thoughts after plugging it is, wow. The spread is much nicer and the color/shimmer reminds me of a kessil almost. So far I think it’s significantly more visually appealing than a g4 with now diffuser.

Update: the fan just kicked on....you got to be $h!tting me. Who approved of this, last fan was silent this one sounds like an audible PC fan raging

You just need to give your ears some break in time. After awhile, the fan noise will be much quieter. :p

I got my G5 Blue today. I guess the biggest improvement is in the light spread/distribution, no hot spots or a strong shimmer like in G4 or any other previous versions. Nice even spread. These lights are much more brighter than G4s, I had to keep them at 50% to start with. For now, I am using Coral Lab PHX14 template, so cant talk too much about the improvements in colors. . . . the template probably doesn't utilize the colors to its potential. . . . I might have to play with it more. Fan is slightly more audible than G4 but not bad . . .

Mobius app works! Very easy to use.

Overall, significant improvements compared to G3 to G4.

IMG_6753.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6752 (1).jpg
    IMG_6752 (1).jpg
    158 KB · Views: 605
Back