Random aquarium thought of the day

pugz508

BRS Member
First off have you ever moved one rock in you're display and end up re-aquascaping the whole thing lmao I guess there could me worst way to spend a Saturday morning

Anyway i've noticed on numerous occasions, as I'm sure you have as well, of large colonies selling for much less then they were if frag into individual heads or mini colonies. I'm curious if there'd be interest in a group of people, essentially a group buy, that would allows us to buy these large colonies and divide them amongst each other at essentially at a much cheaper price. Right now I'm viewing a large colony of rainbow incinerators 100+ polyps at 450$ asking. retail could net close to 2000k (20per polyp) obviously I'm sure thered be loss when fragging but even still that could potientially be 4-7$ per polyp for a group purchase. Just a thought

First off have you ever moved one rock in you're display and end up re-aquascaping the whole thing lmao I guess there could me worst way to spend a Saturday morning

Anyway i've noticed on numerous occasions, as I'm sure you have as well, of large colonies selling for much less then they were if frag into individual heads or mini colonies. I'm curious if there'd be interest in a group of people, essentially a group buy, that would allows us to buy these large colonies and divide them amongst each other at essentially at a much cheaper price. Right now I'm viewing a large colony of rainbow incinerators 100+ polyps at 450$ asking. retail could net close to 2000k (20per polyp) obviously I'm sure thered be loss when fragging but even still that could potientially be 4-7$ per polyp for a group purchase. Just a thought

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve gone in to move a rock or a coral and it’s turned into hours of rescaping the entire rock work [emoji23] and stirring up the sand until you can’t see and breaking corals and making a big mess lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok so I'm moving from 1 tank to another and this has reminded me of the thing that I dislike about this hobby. AQUA-SCAPING it's the worst. Maybe not for a new setup but I have never liked it. Its like trying to put together a jigsaw puzzle with pieces that don't fit together. Trying to create a structure with out damaging any of my current living residents is not my cup of tea. I will load pics of my mess when Im sick and tired of moving sh** around in there.

What do you dislike?????

I started this post just for this very reason. It always take for ever to get it the way you want once you have moved a rock the slightest bit. Very similar experience tho. LOL

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back