Ready to Apply the Weldon?

JBendel

BRS Member
Any last minute suggestions?

I 've got Weldon 3, and was planning on applying it in "one shot" on the inside seams. Once dry and proven water tight ... Baffles will be inserted and glued.

Once dry ... is it worth untaping and applying a second Weldon pass on the outside seams?

It's taped flush ... I could clamp it, but I hear that could effect the capalilary action ... any truth to that?

The game plan is a sump/crypt. It's 4' x 16W x 13H ... overflows will feed into both ends and water will be returned from the center. Don't expect the water to be more than ~ 8" deep.

Attachments

• Sump - Fuge.jpg
    Sump - Fuge.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 346
holy crap ...
thats all together without any solvent?
Nice work! ...Most pople use #4 as a first application and 16 as a filler.
PM "NEO" for help with details, Gustavo is the resident expert on acrilic fabrication.
(And for good reason)

Good idea ... I 'll be sending a PM to Gustavo ... with the right amount of beer ... maybe I can get him to do it. ... he's about 5 minutes from the house.

Hey mister JB, PM replied

BTW, 4 walls first then inside baffles then bottom ;) I would say 2 to 3 nights Job, do you have enough beer? :D

Gustavo

Not sure I believe it, but it's holding water

Attachments

• Sump with Water.jpg
    Sump with Water.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 288
Gustavo is very safe ... My tools can cut square and the jointer does it's thing ... but I can see the art is in how to apply the different Weld-ons ... everthing I did was with #3 ... pic doesn't show the smears, runs and drips. .. for a sump .. it should work.

Hey Rob ... hope to see you tomorrow

Gustavo is very safe ... My tools can cut square and the jointer does it's thing ... but I can see the art is in how to apply the different Weld-ons ... everthing I did was with #3 ... pic doesn't show the smears, runs and drips. .. for a sump .. it should work.
Dont worry I will show you ;)

Hey Rob ... hope to see you tomorrow
Me too!!!!

Back