Recommendations for custom sump design/build

Have you thought about building your own?

I would message a store to find out where they can buy from. Custom ones cost way too much imo. Buy a tank, silicon some glass baffles and dividers in. Done!

You can buy glass plates at Home Depot and cut them to size with a glass scorer.

Even easier if you call the local glass shop and get 1/4" glass, "knock of the edges so it is not sharp" and put a "dime radius" on the lower corners. Have used Acrylic dividers in glass tanks, which was OK, but the 1/4 glass is much better IMHO

I appreciate those recommendations but unfortunately, due to a custom stand I need a very unusual size to maximize space effectively.

Is it necessary to have darkened baffles on either side of your refug are in the sump when doing a DIY sump out of a 30gal fish tank? I have read alot of people swear by it as the only way to contain the algae growth in the refug and keep it for spreading to other areas of the sump.

And I have thought about building my own. I am getting quotes for cell cast, laser cut acrylic. But … I wouldn't never hear the end of it from my significant other if something were to fail about not getting it professionally done. :)

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back