Recommended upgrades?

Sparent25

BRS Member
Post crash my tank (Red Sea Max 250 AIO 66gal) is slowly recovering and I’m looking to improve some areas now and looking for any input
AIO stock pumps/ skimmer, removed hood and replaced with hanging Reefbreeders P V2+ 36 light and have 3 hydor nano 425 evolutions and a Tunze ATO
I am planning on hooking up AquaEuro 1/4 Chiller with sicce syncra 2.0 pump but before doing so should I add the following while working on this?
Add a UV Sterilizer on same tubing prior to chiller
Add a Red Sea wavemaster pro to control the hydor circulation pumps and allow me to shut down easily during feedings and alternate currents?
Any other thoughts?

Emergency air-pump
Battery backup
Generator
Heater controller
Aquarium controller
Thank you for responding! I do have heater attached to an inkbird and we have a generator for the house - great call
out.
The aquarium controller - would that be an ‘apex’ system?

I think the flow rate for the chiller may be to much for the uv. The slower the flow on uv the more contact time with the light. My 1/4 hp chiller recommends 700-1100 goh

I think the flow rate for the chiller may be to much for the uv. The slower the flow on uv the more contact time with the light. My 1/4 hp chiller recommends 700-1100 goh
Agreed, I was just reading through this last night too

Better wave maker will make the biggest improvement.
What do you recommend Dong (or example of what I should look at)? I have 3 older hydor 425 powerheads going constantly along with the 2 stock pumps that push 600+ gph and 300 gph. And was going to hook up the chiller with a sicce 2.0 500 gph in one of the back AIO chambers Do I have to worry about too much flow or is having intermittent flow better? RSM Max is 66 total gallons minus rock / sand etc

Koralia over stated their flow by a large margin. Also they are some of the lowest quality powerheads on the market. Known issues including cracked motor case, cracked propeller magnets, broken front cover at the rubber stoppers that prevents the fan turning backward, leak electricity. I tossed out a box full of Koralia parts.

I sell all sorts of wavemaker but I refuse to sell Koralia pumps.

Koralia over stated their flow by a large margin. Also they are some of the lowest quality powerheads on the market. Known issues including cracked motor case, cracked propeller magnets, broken front cover at the rubber stoppers that prevents the fan turning backward, leak electricity. I tossed out a box full of Koralia parts.

They're GPH rating is also crap due to the fact that most of their pumps have a wide dispersion which further knocks down their already inflated GPH rating... At least that's the experience I've always had with their pumps in the past...

I recently switched over to the Reefbreeders RP-M pump and so far so good and I have it on 20-25% in my 25 cube. Only thing I wish it did was have the ability to lower the random reef and nature mode like my old MP10 was able to do...

Wow. I guess my flow is on the low end compared to this!
Flow doesn’t have to be crazy. I had to sell 2 Maxspect gyres because they were too strong for the target tank even at the lowest speed.

If you want to see something interesting for flow, check out these. I want to install 1 or 2 of these but the other half does not approve.

The original:

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back