Reef Breeder HELP!

I recently bought a reef breeder photon v2+ the new version. I noticed when I woke up tonight that my lights were all off... controller was depleted to about half battery so I plugged it in to charge it. The controller worked just fine but for some reason all the lights are off? Anyone have some insight on what could be wrong or how to fix this issue? Has this happened to anyone before with these lights?

Where did you buy the light?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First, is the light has power?
Check the connection of the power cord.
If it has power, does the light responds to the remote control?

Second, the remote control is only needed for programming. Make sure the led is set to custom mode. The remote does not need to be charged after that.

First, is the light has power?
Check the connection of the power cord.
If it has power, does the light responds to the remote control?

Second, the remote control is only needed for programming. Make sure the led is set to custom mode. The remote does not need to be charged after that.

Everything is connected, reef breeders said it's probably a bad power supply...

Also I have a v2+ 32 power cord on a cycling tank I could let you borrow for a week or so...till you get a new one. Ask Logan if that will work. Temporary fix, but Logan at RB is great with customer service. Cant imagine he won't make this right

Is there a little light on on the power brick?
No light, I'm pretty sure it's dead but I have no clue to be honest. He's getting one out to me asap, my order came next day because he's so close. If I wasn't working I'd try to arrange something to pick a new one up if that's the issue?

Ok. I'm in RI....so let me know if you need one. I'm running out today but will be around this afternoon. Can leave it with osa or john at sea creature.....pm me if you need it

Some DC power supplies are amazing junk.
I have found those that look cheap from the outside (cheap stickers, housings that don’t align well, look offset, plastic used to cast the cover looks cheaper -brittle) and have no UL approval are sketchy. If you look at voltage and amperage ratings needed by your light- the ratings on that bad power supply. Then search on the net for similar power supplies, you can find better compatible ones and switch out the connectors necessary for your lights if you are electrically handy. Good luck! The wiring is not scary, you would only have to touch the low voltage DC side. Save your old power supply connectors too, just in case they corrode if they get salt water on them over time. That could save your light down the road and save money.

Some DC power supplies are amazing junk.
I have found those that look cheap from the outside (cheap stickers, housings that don’t align well, look offset, plastic used to cast the cover looks cheaper -brittle) and have no UL approval are sketchy. If you look at voltage and amperage ratings needed by your light- the ratings on that bad power supply. Then search on the net for similar power supplies, you can find better compatible ones and switch out the connectors necessary for your lights if you are electrically handy. Good luck! The wiring is not scary, you would only have to touch the low voltage DC side. Save your old power supply connectors too, just in case they corrode if they get salt water on them over time. That could save your light down the road and save money.
I know nothing about electric but here's a pic of the power supply sticker. I wouldn't know where to begin looking for a better version of this.

Power supply sticker

Attachments

• 20190107_085241.jpg
    20190107_085241.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 210
I think @dz6t is a dealer of reef breeders. If you get them from him he can service them and do loaners. Not sure if that helps when you buy them directly from Reef breeders but he would be the guy to talk to.

All the Photon v2 and v2+ power supply I have/sold are like this:
847d854ab6922c36376b4bcef608cfe6.jpg

I never see a Photon v2 power supply comes with a silver sticker style label, all the information of the power supply are directly printed/silk screened? on the black plastic case.

They all look very high built quality and they are all UL listed.

I just got it new about 6 weeks ago from reef breeders. It should be arriving later in today. I got it directly from them so I'm not sure why it would have a sticker on it rather than silk screen

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back