Reefbreeders led with 2 ati true actinic

sutton6989

BRS Member
So I know alot of people on here has this setup.
I just setup 2 bulbs on my reefbreesees. Should I tone down my reefbreeders or just keep my previous settings and just add the t5s for like 4-6 hours?

Why the actinic bulbs with the reef breeders? I think the more common setup is blue plus or coral plus as a supplement.

I'm putting 2 actinic and 2 blue +

I think that's over kill. The reefbreeders are really strong by themselves. When I had the par meter I did a test. I tested my leds alone then i tested with the leds and my t5 blue plus. With just the led I was getting 400-450 at the top of my rocks at 80% max. Then with the leds and t5 I was getting 500-570. Trust me you dont need all that over kill.

The leds are shadowing my sps and im not a fan. So I have 2 blue+ more or less for light spread. Not for par. Hence why I'm asking if I should tone down my reef breeder and how long I should run the 2 t5 bulbs a day.

The leds are shadowing my sps and im not a fan. So I have 2 blue+ more or less for light spread. Not for par. Hence why I'm asking if I should tone down my reef breeder and how long I should run the 2 t5 bulbs a day.

You should raise the lights up. This will help lower the shadowing effect. I had to do the same thing when I first got the lights. They now sit about 12-13 inches above the tank.

Ok then yes I would run 4 t5s. I would run 3 ati blue + and one purple +. I would have it in order like so

Blue +
Purple +
Led
Blue +
Blue +

The true actinics don’t show there par on a normal meter since it’s lower than common hobby meters measure. If your corals were growing with the par you had I’d tone it down to that par level and run the same light schedule.

Back