Reefer 350 (re) build!

Just received my first Battlebox from battle corals. Had it delivered to work so they wouldn't be sitting out in the heat!

I just told Adam that I wanted a 10pc 'beginner' SPS pack, and pointed him to some previous packs that he had out together. Got one freebie, and a free algae toothbrush:

BC Efflo 2.0
Sunrise Monti
BC "Old Blue" Stag
Toxic anacropora
ORA Birds of Paradise
BC June Ruby
Orange tipped Albrolhosensis

Bubble Gum Digi
Soft Pink Mille
R.O.A.B. Digi
Rainbow stylo

I will definitely order from BC again. Quick to respond, and very helpful. here's 50 that I count on my "want list" spread sheet lol.

Last edited:
I like his corals and service. He messed up on my order of 2 corals and just said he’d make it up to me. He sent me 7 instead of 2.

doh- wrote millepora meant Bubblegum digi.
The bubble gum mille is high on my want list. one of my all time favorites.

So Friday night, I looked over at the tank and though, "That thing is an eyesore." Wifey tends to agree. It is way too big for the space it is in. Anyway, we did some research, and going to downsize slightly to an IM 50gallon EXT lagoon. So, I guess that's the end on this build, and time for a new one.

Tentative plans:

Tank: IM 50 Lagoon EXT (30" x 24" x 16" tall.

Sump: Trying to find a second hand RSR250 v3
Skimmer: Undecided. My Vertex 150 (which I have an on going love hate relationship) will be too big. Possibly something in the Aquamaxx family, Skimz or deltec.
Media reactor: Vertex 1.5L Zeovit (preferably) or Aquamaxx 1L
Lights: (1) radion xr30 gen 4 pro (have already, will have the other for sale shortly)
Flow: (2) mp40s
Return: Which ever Jabao DCP I already own (forget which model)
Dosing: Jebao DP4., Aquaforest Component ABC Diy formula
Control: Apex (wifi version) - (need to purchase)

Gong to be spending some money here, but hopefully, the sale of the RSR350, and some of my old gear should cover most of the new costs. Going to get to work on the stand this weekend hopefully.

Did some preliminary modeling to see if the sump will fit. Probably going to make a better model for the sump to make sure my pump, skimmer, etc will fit as planned. Tank on the left is an IM30. Still considering it, but I think I like the dimensions of the 50 Lagoon better.

aquarium.png

Last edited:
Was bored at lunch, so I did a little more modeling. Not sure how I want to finish the stand. I will make the skeleton out of 3x1 pin with 2x1 center supports (not shown). Probably will make the front support removable.

I may also expand the stand to 32" wide instead of 30" just for some extra breathing room. I started adding some equipment just to see how much room there will be inside the stand. The sump I used in an RSR250 v3. Skimmer Deltec SC1351/600ix. Should have enough room for a zeo reactor in the sump.

aquarium(1).png
aquarium(3).png
aquarium(2).png

aquarium(4).png

Not much in way of updates.
Corals are looking amazing, great PE and coloration. (I'd take a pic, but i'm battling horrible hair algae at the moment). Unfortunately the Efflo did not make it :mad: That was the only causality.

For the new tank, it has been ordered, being delivered on Monday. I redesigned the stand (again) and am going with a 1x1 11ga steel frame. I have a removable front center post, but not sure if it is really needed. The span is only 30". I may ask one of the engineers at work to double check.

steel stand(1).png
steel stand(2).png
steel stand.png

Think I am going to order my new skimmer, sump, zeo reactor, plumbing supplies and on the fnece about getting the new '2016' model Apex. Currently have an apex classic. I don't have any Link 1 enabled accessories, so I don't know if it is worth the update just for built in wi-fi.

New tank came, unfortunately the back pane was shattered. BRS and IM were super helpful with the claim process and there should be a replacement sent out on monday

So its been about a month since my battle box showed up, and I didn't post any pics. I took a crappy cell phone pic this morning, and was impressed with the growth when compared an even crappier pic from last month :p

Side notes: efflo RTN'd almost immediately. The monti receded for a few days, but is not encrusting over the dead skeleton. It has a healthy growth ring, but you can't really see it in the pic b/c is it very blown out/over exposed. ROAB Digi is growing some nice nubs. The anacropora has really seemed to take off. The BOP and Albrolhosensis are fat and happy, although the latter does not have it's orange tip. The mille has not seemed to have done anything.

Side note #2: any clue what this greenish brown fuzz is? I was dosing NoPox, quit that, and now running Zeovit (last month and a half or so). Nitrate - 0 , phosphate - 0.08 (Red Sea Kits)

Aug 22
IMG_0830.JPG

This morning:
IMG_0989.JPG

Got another Battle Box today. I hope everything is going to make it; Fedex left the box at the wrong address yesterday, and it was just delivered now. I ordered a 10 pc, Received 12, 1 freebie, and 1 replacement efflo 2.0 that didn't make it from my first Battlebox:

BC Efflo 2.0
BC Blue Crush
Shockwave Stylo (can't find much on this guy)
Tubs Staletta
Pink Tip Paletta
Shades of Fall (YES!!!! FINALLY)
TCK Starburst Cap
BC Grape Juice
Setosa
Greg C Acroberry
Pineapple Acro (not sure about this one either)
Dog boy clathrata

Nice list. His packs are pretty good for the money and his sizes are way better than his main competitors

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back