Reefi led duo extreme

Cheddah93

Well known member
Has anyone else considered or looked into these?

if you have and didn’t get them what swayed you away from them?

looking at getting one of these or a radion g4 pro used for my 18x18 sps dominant nano and just looking for opinions either way. All the specs, spread, par and everything looks good. They utilize newest Cree leds and everything.

thoughts?

Last edited:
First of all, let me debunk some of their claims on their website:
1. Using reflectors instead of lens is not a new nor an unique idea. HME, a major led manufacturer over sea has been using this type of reflectors for their marine aquarium LED for many years. I happen to have one of the HME led on hand and the fixture I have is at least three years old. Also I notice the similarities between the old HME led I have vs this new led. I am wondering...

2. Several led manufacturers for horticulture are using this type of reflectors, especially those inexpensive blackbox types. But this type of reflectors are less and less common,

3. They posted an article on their website regarding the “myth” of led lens, which I found it is misleading, as they used a zooming led flash light lens to argue their case, despite the TIR lens that used on all major led manufacturers around the world, are totally different than a zooming lens on a LED flashlight, in terms of design and optical properties.

4.They emphasized the number of led chips on their led, which imply that the other manufacturers cut cost by using less number of chips.

Let’s compare:
Their $750 fixture has 72 chips
AI Hydra 64 at $650 has 64 chips
Radion G5 at $830 has102 chips.
Al cheapo $79 black box has 55 chips

Otherwise, seems like a well build LED with good spectrum combo,

Last edited:
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back