Reflector question.

dad300

Non-member
I've decided to make a hood and add a diy metal halide set up in it. I'm wondering about the reflector? Is there anthing that is better? or does it make more sense to buy a reflector from someone like Hellolights?

From what I have been told the reflector does make a big difference. When I first setup my 250W MHs I used some flashing from HD that I polished up to a decent shine, well after some time I got an idea and bought some of that chrome tape you get at auto stores to do your rocker panels with and placed that on the reflectors and noticed a big difference but finally when I bought spider reflectors and put them in it was like adding brighter lights.

On this topic; I've seen lots of reflectors, but what about a body for a light fixture, like PC's/Hamilton Retro/Aquaspace, anything really? Do they just not want to make that available so DIY-ers can't save a lot of money or "gasp" start making and selling them at a reduced price?

Actually, Ive decided I'm going to build a pendant. instead of the hood. when I figure it all out I'll post the info. I figure its just going to be a 24 X 12 box with the reflector in it and a spot for a fan... but we'll see.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back