Refugium Light Question

AC_Rhino

Non-member
Refugium Light Question

I’m putting a 2nd 10g refugium sump (the first one is a 5g HOB) on my tank. It will be a refugium from the over flow into the sump and out by return. I already have a HOB skimmer. I have most everything figured out except I’m questioning my choice of lighting now. I ordered this ( https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071LJKNWS/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ) because I liked the size, shape, and dynamic … but now I’m second guessing myself. The refugium will have 1-2 inches of miracle mud and live rock. After that it will just be macro algea and whatever pobs find their way down. I will surely use it as a time out for naughty murder crabs, bristles, and star fish … and perhaps from time to time I might need to drop some frags in there. But it will be primarily to grow macro algae in the fuge.

Do I have any better options for a refugium light set up? Also it needs to sit ON the tank … either spanning it or attached to a standard rimmed aqueon 10g tank. No fancy hanging from the ceiling or star trek floating stuff.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 181
It says it comes with mounting legs but as far as other options you could get a 150w growstar. That will definitely grow cheato really well.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back