Regret

Jelandusn

Non-member
I’m just writing this here because I’m sure you guys will understand the devastation. I recently moved and downsized my 90 gallon to a 5 gallon and kept only my favorite coral that I’ve had since the beginning and frags of the acros that hung on with me while I figured out dosing and stuff. Everything was going great with the five gallon until I made one decision that ended up being stupid and a huge mistake. I decided to leave the tank for five days because I ran out of space in the car. I was pretty sure five days would be fine because it only had two fish and the coral in it. Unfortunately, my ex thought the pump was too loud and turned it off. He also didn’t like the light turning on so early so he unplugged that. Needless to say, I’ve lost pretty much everything. I’ve had the tank back for three days and I’m just watching the ones that did barely hang on slowly waste away and die. Some of these were the coral I’ve had from the beginning. Eight years I’ve watched them grow, worried about them and marveled at their beauty. The fish were a beautiful pair maroon clownfish that took forever for me to find. I got them a couple of years ago. They were 10 when I got them and i planned to have them for years and years until they passed from old age. And now, because I decided to leave them rather than take them, they are dead.

Sorry to hear, I have some zoas and palys to get you back up and running. Petco always has their $1 per gallon sale going on too. Good Luck.

I agree with Aros. I hope he didn't have a smile on his face when he unplugged the life support for your tank. Just remember everything can be replaced, including him.

I’m just writing this here because I’m sure you guys will understand the devastation. I recently moved and downsized my 90 gallon to a 5 gallon and kept only my favorite coral that I’ve had since the beginning and frags of the acros that hung on with me while I figured out dosing and stuff. Everything was going great with the five gallon until I made one decision that ended up being stupid and a huge mistake. I decided to leave the tank for five days because I ran out of space in the car. I was pretty sure five days would be fine because it only had two fish and the coral in it. Unfortunately, my ex thought the pump was too loud and turned it off. He also didn’t like the light turning on so early so he unplugged that. Needless to say, I’ve lost pretty much everything. I’ve had the tank back for three days and I’m just watching the ones that did barely hang on slowly waste away and die. Some of these were the coral I’ve had from the beginning. Eight years I’ve watched them grow, worried about them and marveled at their beauty. The fish were a beautiful pair maroon clownfish that took forever for me to find. I got them a couple of years ago. They were 10 when I got them and i planned to have them for years and years until they passed from old age. And now, because I decided to leave them rather than take them, they are dead.
Hey, my friend, sorry to hear that...do you remember I was the one I got your rocks and corals? They are so healthy in my tank, even a big rock with neon green fly traps. If you want I have several corals that I can make frags at no cost for you, as long you could come to pick up. In the worst case, I never did, but I can try ship for you. I have a beautiful little tree of sps, lps, zoas.... and if I could catch, I will give my marrons clowns pair to you (if i can catch them) Please let me know my dear...btw, change the lock in your door, get your ex out :)
enjoy your day. Paulo

Hey, my friend, sorry to hear that...do you remember I was the one I got your rocks and corals? They are so healthy in my tank, even a big rock with neon green fly traps. If you want I have several corals that I can make frags at no cost for you, as long you could come to pick up. In the worst case, I never did, but I can try ship for you. I have a beautiful little tree of sps, lps, zoas.... and if I could catch, I will give my marrons clowns pair to you (if i can catch them) Please let me know my dear...btw, change the lock in your door, get your ex out :)
enjoy your day. Paulo
I remember you. I’m glad that the coral are doing well. Thanks for the offer but I think I’m going to give what’s left away and take a break. It’s too heartbreaking to watch everything bleach and recede and five gallons is just too small to give everyone the super stable conditions that they need to recover.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back