Removing palys

sumant19

BRS Member
Looking for some ideas about removing ice blue palys from a rock.. what makes it complicated is that the rock also has everlasting gobstopper zoas which I do not want to harm. So bleach, drying out in sun etc are out of question

I’m afraid if I don’t do anything then the ice blues will take over..

I’m thinking one of two- either using aiptasia-x or manually remove them with a tweezer.. any more suggestions?

I find tweezers work best. Turn off your flow and start peeling away. Take out as much of the stuff and possible and then run some carbon. Never had issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will wear gloves and eye protection.. but are ice blue palys toxic? How scared should I be? :)

Is removing the Rock and breaking the paly's off a possibility? Palytoxin is no joke I would be careful. Ripping them off the rock seems like a good way to release the toxins into your tank and Air if the ice blue paly's are toxic which I don't know

Here’s the photo of the rock

Attachments

• B2F968C7-E204-4EC3-924A-FCAA8796C21D.jpeg
    B2F968C7-E204-4EC3-924A-FCAA8796C21D.jpeg
    177.9 KB · Views: 268
+1 to removing the rock and chip of the palys or zoas if you can. Or just sell/traded rock, Ive tried pulling a few and then dont come off rock cleanly, they kinda rip apart, ended up selling/chipping

+1 to removing the rock and chip of the palys or zoas if you can. Or just sell/traded rock, Ive tried pulling a few and then dont come off rock cleanly, they kinda rip apart, ended up selling/chipping

Thanks! will try to chisel

Back