Revisiting the Triton Method

This is where I stopped reading
-Send in water sample for test ($50)
-Use Core 7 for basic elements depleted($50). 2ml per day for 26gallons. 1000ml per bottle. For my system of 400gallons. I need to add 30ml EVERY day. The package would last me a month...
-Test your water. If you're not sure about your test, send it in to Triton($50)
-More Core 7 will need to be ordered. If there test result comes back and show you're also deficient other trace elements, you can order a plethora of other trace elements in a bottle.
http://aquarium.bulkreefsupply.com/search?w=triton&asug=
-Repeat this for the rest of your time of reefing. By the time you're done all this, your cabinets will be full of bottles.

How can this be simpler than just doing your regular weekly/biweekly waterchange along with a CA reactor/2 parts dosing and a fuge?
I hate to say it, but we'll see how long this market last?

I have to agree with you guys that the old skool method is proven and really not too difficult to do a standard water change. Measuring and adding all that science to the tank sounds more complex and confusing to me than just keeping it real like we always have.

People are showing some success clearly but it still is making my head spin thinking about all that testing and precise measurement. Will be interesting if skipping water changes becomes the hype of reefing since that was always kind of a backbone.

I will order some more salt for water changes. Then I will test and measure how much ice to put in my glass with my scotch instead...

Beware of those people that post fake reviews online for additives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've just sent them my 1st ever water sample. I'm not going to use the "triton method" but I think maybe annually or when there's an issue the information from the icp test might be useful

Sorry ICP test can be very misleading. Triton and one of the other company that do such tests are using ICP-OES, which should not be confused with ICP-MS, is unsuitable for trace element analysis for saltwater.
The results can be misleading and basically useless.

All I was saying is that my water changes are limited not I never do them I was not saying that you don't need water changes but so far everything in my tank is thriving I do not keep a lot of sps I mostly have lps and softies and I'm not a old timer or pro I thought that I would chime in saying that .... I don't do huge water changes frequently and so far everything is looking great

All I was saying is that my water changes are limited not I never do them I was not saying that you don't need water changes but so far everything in my tank is thriving I do not keep a lot of sps I mostly have lps and softies and I'm not a old timer or pro I thought that I would chime in saying that .... I don't do huge water changes frequently and so far everything is looking great

You answered the question perfectly. Thank you for the response.

Clearly diffferent methods in this hobby and what works for each system.

Weekly water changes for me its where i stand .i believe on it so much that just upgrade my mixing and ro station from this
IMG_1320.JPG

to this
IMG_3558.JPG
I mix a 50 pound bag at the time . With no problem

Last edited:
Bulk reef supply is converting their tank over to tritan in their next video series. So im curious to see the review they do. However they sell triton products so I doubt they would full on bash it if they didn't like the results.

I will take it as a small grain of salt for products review from people who try to sell them to you.

I can't let go of the whole "flushing the toilet"analogy. I literally get anxiety when I miss my scheduled wc's. It also gives you quality time to inspect the tank and maybe catch something you would have missed during a brief feeding or dosing. My largest tank is 75 gal fw, pumps make large wcs fun and easy! Except when you go to grab a beer and forget the pump is running and flood your fish room. Not that I've done that.. imagine it would suck though..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Back