RFA moved into shaded area

jdeb101

Non-member
Two of my rock flower anemones have now decided to move into back left corner of tank, which is very shaded area. I believe they footed through the sand and onto bottom glass. I fear they won’t get enough light back there and also it’s a crappy spot for viewing.
Should I just dig under the sand maybe use a glass scraper to remove its foot and place it back to better spot?

If they moved there it’s because they didn’t like where they were. Don’t think they require supper string light and definitely on the calmer side of flow. I guess you could try uprooting them but use a old credit card to nudge through the foot little by little. I’d be scared of a razor cutting the foot

Quick update... one found a big empty snail shell to foot in, the other moved to top corner of glass! Should I still leave the one on glass alone or maybe place it onto so rubble/shells? I imagine it’s maybe looking for a good crevice to settle in?
0EAC7A2E-4A89-4E3D-98B2-055BC500E47E.jpeg
6BEADD1F-6C4E-48AA-B04A-4C8A5DDFF7B1.jpeg

Still on the move! Back center glass this morning. I’m going to guess it’s going to keep moving until it finds a rock crevice it can sink into to feel safe. I could easily get it off the glass and move it now to a holy rock spot in hopes it will stay, but afraid it will just go on the run again. Ugh... what to do?
FFDF2CD8-42A4-49CE-AECA-4301D9A8D30D.jpeg

Try grabbing a rock with a hole and place a clear plastic basket on top of it and nem and hope it like it

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back