Ann. RIP Bob Fenner

scavdog

Staff member
Officer
BRS Member
For those of you that have been in the hobby for years, you may be very familiar with Bob Fenner. The founder of Wet Web Media and author passed away at home unexpectedly on May 7th. RIP Bob.

A great friend and charter contributor to CORAL Magazine, Robert M. (Bob) Fenner died in his sleep at his home in San Diego, California, on May 7, 2020. His family said the apparent cause of death was a heart attack. He was 67 and actively working as a writer, underwater photographer, aquatics educator, and internet publisher.

Bob is considered to be one of the pioneers of marine aquarium keeping and a champion of the ethical, sustainable collection and husbandry of aquatic animals. His landmark book, The Conscientious Marine Aquarist, is one of the bestselling aquarium titles of all time, with more than 100,000 copies in print.

The founder and driving force behind Wet Web Media, a wide-ranging, long-established, content-rich site and helpline for keepers of marine, brackish water, and freshwater aquariums, Bob was a lifelong teacher who mixed science with wit as he advised aquarists of all skill levels, from rank beginners to professionals at major public aquariums.
Full obituary

It's hard to believe that it's been almost 4 years since Bob left us. He was always a great friend and speaker. I had just spoken with him a couple of days before he passed away. He was making plans to make another visit to the Pacific Northwest, and visit our reef club again.

A true legend indeed and a mentor to me decades ago getting started in the aquarium industry. My youngest Son shares a birthday with him and we gave him the middle name Robert in Bob's honor.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back