RO/DI Pressure Question

BiGGiePauls33

Current BRS President
Staff member
Officer
BRS Member
SO I have a 5 stage BRS RO/DI system with roughly 60 psi of water pressure going into it. I added a 75 gpd membrane upgrade kit to reduce waste. Water pressure now drops to barely readable. I ordered an Aqua FX booster bump through Marine Depot and pressure now only goes up a little past 20 psi. I guess my question is that it's possible for the psi to drop that much with an added membrane and I guess I need a high flow booster.

Reason being that I ordered the AquaFX and not the Qquatec 8800 was it was out of stock, lol.

Where are you taking the pressure reading? What you're interested in is the pressure into the RO membranes.

So I installed the booster after the carbon block and before the di canister. The pressure gauge is before the DI but right after the pump. The second membrane is set up per BRS's series solution.

I have the same unit and did the same up grade. Prior to the upgrade kit i was getting about 65psi into the RO membrane. After the upgrade i did see a pressure drop to about 55psi. I have noticed any problems or could just be to ignorant to notice a difference. LOL.
It is very strange that you lose all pressure.
Maybe the RO membrane flush line is getting stuck open? Are you getting an flow out of the unit?

You will not see a pressure across the DI cartridge. The pressure gauge should be before the RO membrane. Is this your setup like this?

My boooster pump is on the incoming before the sediment filter. You can adjust up 95 lbs psi

Roughly 1/2 hour running and have already made about 4 gallons of water. Wish I did this sooner.
15797462267428486478343410611228.jpg

80 PSI would be my recommended target pressure, 85PSI is max, and booster before sediment. If the pump is like the one BRS offers there should be a small allen key to turn to adjust pressure, and yes booster pumps are amazing.

I run my 100gpd Rodi at 70 psi and brs recommendation is between 60-80 psi. They also say the higher you bring up the psi the better quality water you get. I can take pics of the directions if you would like I still have the setup guide.

I've adjusted it down from over 100psi to it's current state, actually number it up to right under 80psi late last night. Thanks all.

I would put the booster before the membranes......let the sediment filter and carbon protect the booster pump. you only need the higher pressure for the membranes.

my $.02

I would put the booster before the membranes......let the sediment filter and carbon protect the booster pump. you only need the higher pressure for the membranes.

my $.02
The booster is after the sediment and carbon filters and before the membranes. Also, have a strainer coming on Tuesday for a little added insurance.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back