Ro water holding tank

drunkintimmy

Non-member
Does anyone have any experience with the pressurized ro tanks for drinking water I have a 4 gallon now saw a 14 gallon at Home Depot? Is it just plug and play?

Make sure the rubber bladder is lined with polypropylene otherwise it will degrade and introduce byproducts and fail by releasing the air. Should say RO specifically I would be surprised if big box stores stocked them. I have one instock that is 14g just let me know if you need one and can order in many sizes. I don’t sell many this big so don’t know pricing off the top of my head but could figure it out if there is interest. The 14g has a 1/4” John guest inlet

They don’t have them in stock I have to order it but says food grade bladder and made for ro water I’m just wondering if the pressure changes on the bigger tanks my 4 gallon works fine now but I’d like to upgrade size

They don’t have them in stock I have to order it but says food grade bladder and made for ro water I’m just wondering if the pressure changes on the bigger tanks my 4 gallon works fine now but I’d like to upgrade size
Are you using a 4-way diaphragm switch to control auto fill of the tank as is typical on a drinking unit? If so that stops production around 14psi, so regardless of tank size you would just set the bladder pressure below the 14psi threshold. At 13psi in the bladder all the stored water would be expelled at good pressure, but it would store less water. At a lower pressure in the bladder like 5 psi you will store more water and initially the pressure will be good but will slowly drop off. I typically keep the tanks psi lower to allow for more storage.
So a larger tank can supply pressure for longer but won’t hit a higher pressure overall

I would be using the apec tank 14

Attachments

• 62D066D2-757F-4263-BCAD-E6630981F4BE.png
    62D066D2-757F-4263-BCAD-E6630981F4BE.png
    223.1 KB · Views: 276
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back