Rock-n-Reef’s 200 Gallon build

rock-n-reef

BRS Member
I have been thinking of replacing my Red Sea Max S-650 for a while now due to variety of reason. At last decided to take the plunge. With my recent build I used Innovative Marine tank and I’m very happy with the build quality. Decided to go in the same direction for this rebuild.

Order the tank couple of weeks ago. Hoping it to be delivered later today! Can’t wait.

Tank – Innovative Marine 200 EXT
71” L x 30” W x 22” H
External overflow with modified bean-animal drains
Tank comes with matching Aluminum Profile stand

Sump – IceCap 48XL
48” L x 24” W x 16” H

Return – 2x Reef Octopus VarioS 8

In-tank circulation – 2x MP60 + 2x MP40

Lighting – Aquatic Life T5-LED Hybrid 60” with 4x AI Hydra 26 HD (this is from the existing system. Plan to change this sometime in the future. Debating between Orphek and Radions)

Controller – Neptune Apex + Trident

Skimmer – Reef Octopus Regal 300 EXT

Calcium Reactor – Geo’s Reef CR818 with SMC618 secondary chamber + Kamoer FX-STP dosing pump + CarbonDoser Electronic CO2 Regulator

You know that you are nuts, when you move your work desk in the middle of night and start putting painters’ tape all over the floor! This goes in the same room where the Red Sea tank is, but on the opposite wall.

Plan is to keep the tank 6 inch off the wall (the overflow will take 3”). Marked up the ceiling joist for the light hanging fixtures before aligning the tank position (so that I don’t have to rely on toggle bolts/ drywall to hold the weight of the fixture)

1602621748962.jpeg

I have been thinking of replacing my Red Sea Max S-650 for a while now due to variety of reason. At last decided to take the plunge. With my recent build I used Innovative Marine tank and I’m very happy with the build quality. Decided to go in the same direction for this rebuild.

Order the tank couple of weeks ago. Hoping it to be delivered later today! Can’t wait.

Tank – Innovative Marine 200 EXT
71” L x 30” W x 22” H
External overflow with modified bean-animal drains
Tank comes with matching Aluminum Profile stand

Sump – IceCap 48XL
48” L x 24” W x 16” H

Return – 2x Reef Octopus VarioS 8

In-tank circulation – 2x MP60 + 2x MP40

Lighting – Aquatic Life T5-LED Hybrid 60” with 4x AI Hydra 26 HD (this is from the existing system. Plan to change this sometime in the future. Debating between Orphek and Radions)

Controller – Neptune Apex + Trident

Skimmer – Reef Octopus Regal 300 EXT

Calcium Reactor – Geo’s Reef CR818 with SMC618 secondary chamber + Kamoer FX-STP dosing pump + CarbonDoser Electronic CO2 Regulator
Can’t wait to see what becomes of it! Good luck!

The small blue box that you see marked next to the tank is for where the anemone tank will go. This is a 60-gallon (36 x 18 x 21) tank that is currently sitting under the Red Sea tank stand. The tank with the lighting under the stand provides little to no head room as you can see, and cleaning becomes a nightmare. Over the time it tends to get neglected. Hoping to get a stand built for this and plumb that into the main system.

1602621900247.jpeg

Made good progress with the stand build for the anemone tank.

1602716759909.jpeg

1602716775621.jpeg

Since this is only going to hold a 60 gallon, and the max span is just 36", instead of doing the traditional double 2x4s, used a single 2x4 legs with lap joints.

1602716972722.jpeg
1602716806042.jpeg

Added some corner braces for the extra strength.

1602718421880.jpeg

I did plane the top and bottom facing sections of the 2x4s. The rest of the sides I left as is. I will anyway be adding PVC foam boards as facade.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back