Rodi system

Chrisnnemo

Non-member
Just set up a 150gl per day BRS 5 stage rodi. I assume all canisters are suppose to fill with water. The only one that isn’t is the separate one with tds meter on it, barely filling a 1/4 of the way although it’s still producing rodi water. Just leave it or do I want it to be full like the other three? If so what’s the best way to get it fully primed?

It doesn’t have to but you can release the air by slowly unscrewing the canister but be ready to tighten it up fast

I’m 99% sure it doesn’t. It’s just air that sits there occupying space. If you fill the canisters with water then tighten them , there won’t be any air. I do run mine full because I found it’s quieter. I could here the water cascading down the canisters. Not loud but enough to aggravate me for a few hours lol

I’m 99% sure it doesn’t. It’s just air that sits there occupying space. If you fill the canisters with water then tighten them , there won’t be any air. I do run mine full because I found it’s quieter. I could here the water cascading down the canisters. Not loud but enough to aggravate me for a few hours lol
Thanks Chris A

If you hookup, and unhook all the time like I do, having air gaps is unavoidable. DI chambers for me always are as you describe, and it functions just fine. You can always do a reverse flow for 10 minutes then back to normal flow see if that helps.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back