Rodi ?

reefer125g

Non-member
If you add a ro membrane to your existing ro system do you need two restrictors if the waste water from one feeds the other?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190715-224200_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190715-224200_Chrome.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 234
I'd say no, because you still have the one on there. I'd change that out for a flush valve instead of the flow restrictor.

Why do you need 2 membranes? Sediment filter and carbon block should have tds low enough for one membrane. Water pressure is probably going to have to be pretty high to send through 2 membranes with any efficiency. Maybe add a second sediment or carbon before the membrane. Again, no pro here, just questioning.

Why do you need 2 membranes? Sediment filter and carbon block should have tds low enough for one membrane. Water pressure is probably going to have to be pretty high to send through 2 membranes with any efficiency. Maybe add a second sediment or carbon before the membrane. Again, no pro here, just questioning.

Usually 2 membranes allow less waste water

Just bought 150 gpd water saver from brs. The restrictor is placed inline after the two membranes. They are effectivly one filter. As long as waste line has back pressure it works.

The second filter takes the waste water and just filters it again. Because the waste out of the first filter is higher tds. The good water from second filter will have slightly higher tds but mixing the two filtered streams still has low enough tds to be handled by di carts.

Ro/di unit usually it is equal to 1gal rodi water to 4gal waste water. By adding a second ro membrane you cut your waste stream down by at least 1/3rd. like stated above you do need to maintain 60-65 psi through both membranes. Bulk reef supply has a pretty good video explaining how to do this and the advantages.

Is the 60-65 psi critical ive been using mine with 50 psi in and it seems ok? Getting 1.25 to 1 ratio waste to clean water

I added the BRS kit and booster pump now the RO will not turn off think i have a bad pressure sensor to the pump . BRS sending a new one .

Try adjusting the switch if you still have it. most presure switches are adjustible. May be that the pressure doesnt reach limit set

85 PSI would be the max pressure BRS recommends, and 50 is the minimum if memory serves me right. The water saver edition i think is 1>2 / 1>3 ratio. Having a septic now I barrel my rejection water, and it's almost equal.

85 PSI would be the max pressure BRS recommends, and 50 is the minimum if memory serves me right. The water saver edition i think is 1>2 / 1>3 ratio. Having a septic now I barrel my rejection water, and it's almost equal.

Could you take a pic of the plumbing of your RO membranes so i can makr sure I have it right . Please and Thank you !

Take the waste line of filter one and go directly into input of filter two. Filter two wast line gets a restrictor and then off to drain/ waste barrel. Good water line from one and two go to a y as both will have usable ro water

Thanks . I did find a issue one of the fittings i got had a check valve in it going the wrong way on the second membrane. Replaced it and all is working. Thanks for all the help .

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back