Rose bta vs rainbow bta

Ray

frrrrunkis
BRS Member
so I picked up a rainbow anemone for my tank after many years away from the hobby. not sure they were even around when I got out. rose btas were the latest and greatest from what I remember.

now my rose bta was pretty big when I had it and didn't split much unless I fed it heavy for a week or so then stopped. I did this when it got like basketball size (in a 180) I was figuring the same with the rainbow but it seems to split once a month and stay the size of a baseball maybe a little bigger.
my levels have always been kept the same from back then to now except I dose with a dosing pump for alk and calcium and back in 09 I had a calcium reactor, then I had 400 watt MH and now I have LEDs (photon v2+)

is this normal for a rainbow over a rose or should I be looking at something?

alk 9.5 dkh
cal 430
mg 1300
sg 1.024

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I don't feed them but I feed the tank flake food and brine shrimp

I both the old rose BTA and the rainbow BTA in the same tank. They seem to do about the same things at about the same times.

Reactions: Ray
it must be something with my tank

I have a bleeched nem from previous owner, anybody now if its possible to get them back to health and color.

It is possible if you meet all its requirements..when a nem is bleached it expelled its zooxanthellae(thank you Aquanaut)

Last edited:
Ya they have slight color but pretty beat up ive been feeding almost daily small portions and seems to be coming back. Its amazing how weekly water change scehdule is realy an easy way to perk up tanks. Amazing the results Im getting from just that. Im new so im affraid to do to much to quick.

My rainbow splits monthly. I stopped regular feedings. It does not seem to matter. I need to thin the herd.

Attachments

• IMG_2501.jpeg
    IMG_2501.jpeg
    194.9 KB · Views: 18
I’ve never had any luck with getting rainbows to grow large but I’ve never had luck with roses splitting

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back