Salt mix station

gurumasta

Senior Moron
I have seen some of these sick looking salt mix station things with the two drums and pump all plumbed up and I am interested in building one. Can someone with one of these provide instructions or a link to what you used to build yours? I don't even know how they work but I want one!

Thanks!

IMG_3557.JPG

Albert's is awesome. I have most of the parts now and am planning to build a small one (2 14g barrels to make 10g at a time). I'll try to post a build thread when I get to it in a couple weeks.

Albert's is awesome. I have most of the parts now and am planning to build a small one (2 14g barrels to make 10g at a time). I'll try to post a build thread when I get to it in a couple weeks.
Thanks Brother !
still looking forward to learn how to build that thing for the Auto RO flush . maybe we set it up to one of the meeting so we can do a group build in one of the upcoming meeting .
let me know if you interested on showing us all .

Dereck what you need to know . I can show u .
I even have two pumps for sale to choose from !

Where did you get those drums from?

If you empty your salt mix side half way down can you mix RO in without them mixing together? So if I had 50 gallons in each drum and I did a 25 gallon water change would I be able to fill the salt side with 25 gallons of RO using the pump and then just add salt to get back to salinity I want? I assume so by opening the top valve on the salt side and the bottom valve on the RO side but I just truly want to understand this.

Thanks!

Thanks Brother !
still looking forward to learn how to build that thing for the Auto RO flush . maybe we set it up to one of the meeting so we can do a group build in one of the upcoming meeting .
let me know if you interested on showing us all .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely. I'm changing the code around to make it more robust for the new build. I'm trying to catalog steps, so I can share them. It requires a little bit of code, and some tedious soldering of electronics.

Those drums are always available on craigslist for like $30. I got one to store RO waste to water my wife's garden.

Where did you get those drums from?

If you empty your salt mix side half way down can you mix RO in without them mixing together? So if I had 50 gallons in each drum and I did a 25 gallon water change would I be able to fill the salt side with 25 gallons of RO using the pump and then just add salt to get back to salinity I want? I assume so by opening the top valve on the salt side and the bottom valve on the RO side but I just truly want to understand this.

Thanks!
This set up alow you to do anything you want to acomplish by opening and closing the right valves .
You should swim by one day and see it in action .

But if you do that set up lots of people keep one side salt one side ro .
I used both side for salt because i allready have two other ro tanks

Last edited:
looking at this as nice as it is and I love projects I just can't see why anything but a single 30 gal drum with a mixing pump is required, fill it mix the salt do a water change what am I missing?

Jim

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back