Salt mix station

looking at this as nice as it is and I love projects I just can't see why anything but a single 30 gal drum with a mixing pump is required, fill it mix the salt do a water change what am I missing?

Jim
i use to do that . 30 gallon mixing barrell wit a power head but now i have 4 tanks at home and one a work .
so i dont want to deal with stuff i make 50 gallong bags at the time no measuring no anything .
let it sit for a week or so and just run it for couple hours before i do water changes .
Also for the same reason people upgrade their camera when they have it a nice one allready lol;) just teasing Jim

looking at this as nice as it is and I love projects I just can't see why anything but a single 30 gal drum with a mixing pump is required, fill it mix the salt do a water change what am I missing?

Jim

This is my current salt mix station where the RO is on the top and the salt is on the bottom. I have a bulkhead in the bottom middle of the top barrel and a ball valve to fill the bottom one with the RO from the top. This issue is that thing is somewhat of a disaster waiting to happen. If the ball valve fails or that bulkhead breaks loose when I am opening or closing the valve I have no where to export that 40 gallons of water and my basement will look like Harvey hit it. I would like to setup something similar but less dangerous and this salt mix station seems like the answer.

Not to mention that they make it look like you have Breaking Bad in your basement. That in itself is enough of a reason for me!

SaltMix.JPG

This is my current salt mix station where the RO is on the top and the salt is on the bottom. I have a bulkhead in the bottom middle of the top barrel and a ball valve to fill the bottom one with the RO from the top. This issue is that thing is somewhat of a disaster waiting to happen. If the ball valve fails or that bulkhead breaks loose when I am opening or closing the valve I have no where to export that 40 gallons of water and my basement will look like Harvey hit it. I would like to setup something similar but less dangerous and this salt mix station seems like the answer.

Not to mention that they make it look like you have Breaking Bad in your basement. That in itself is enough of a reason for me!

View attachment 115079

Hey stop warring about your salt mix and start promoting more the upcoming event let's go you lazy boy Who look at salt mix who look my soulmate who cares I care about the upcoming event I want a lot of people I want to make $1 million let's go lol [emoji23] [emoji51][emoji51][emoji56][emoji56]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wait until your wife goes down she's going to kick you out you can sleep downstairs next to my tank if you like

Hey stop warring about your salt mix and start promoting more the upcoming event let's go you lazy boy Who look at salt mix who look my soulmate who cares I care about the upcoming event I want a lot of people I want to make $1 million let's go lol [emoji23] [emoji51][emoji51][emoji56][emoji56]

dont worry my friend i have a whole new team working on the event promotion . you be impressed ! ;)

Wait until your wife goes down she's going to kick you out you can sleep downstairs next to my tank if you like

lol lol
thanks for the offer but i have a back up plan .
always have a back up plan

dont worry my friend i have a whole new team working on the event promotion . you be impressed ! ;)

Now that's what I want to hear i'm going to vote you for man of the year in Boston reef [emoji23] [emoji23] sorry we don't have a vote for that all right I'll give you a handshake [emoji23] [emoji23]

Where did you get those drums from?

If you empty your salt mix side half way down can you mix RO in without them mixing together? So if I had 50 gallons in each drum and I did a 25 gallon water change would I be able to fill the salt side with 25 gallons of RO using the pump and then just add salt to get back to salinity I want? I assume so by opening the top valve on the salt side and the bottom valve on the RO side but I just truly want to understand this.

Thanks!

Derek by helping another member located some of those 55 gallon barrels i found a guy that have 6 brand new ones food grade .
let me know if you interested on his number so you can contact him directly . or anyone looking for the 55 gallons barrels .

Derek by helping another member located some of those 55 gallon barrels i found a guy that have 6 brand new ones food grade .
let me know if you interested on his number so you can contact him directly . or anyone looking for the 55 gallons barrels .

Yes I am interested. Do you still have my number?

Back