Salt

Thanks. So I had a subscription with petco. The shipment was damaged. They never called, charged my card anyway. They are now out of stock. Im looking for Pro Reef which is sold out online. except the price gougers have it for 200$+ a bucket. Pass thanks.

Just looked and the only place I found a 200 gallon bucket is Pets warehouse. They want $123 + $33 for shipping.

Is everyone hoarding salt now? Frozen mysis and other food was sold out at Tropic Isle, and now salt mix is sold out. What’s next T5 bulbs?

I guess there are supply chain issues all over the country. Non essential to human stuffs are on lower priority. It seems that shipping within the state is pretty ok and normal, but cross country shippings are messed up badly. Fedex still can’t deliver one of my equipment order from a supplier in California after 6 days delay.
Even medicine for my pets from Chewy.com is delayed until further notice. My cat’s treats from Petco also got delayed by UPS.
Amazon is still deliver normally for human food.

Look at the bright side, Daisy still have her food and toys delivered on time by Amazon.
E06FB84B-0D6D-477C-A339-D50A27539736.jpeg

Im not going to give some hoarder the satisfaction. If I move to a different salt temporarily will that mess up my tank?

It’s always reccomended to ease into a new salt, wether you mix it 50/50 new/old for a couple water changes. Although I don’t think changing would cause an issue personally considering if you’re only doing 10% weekly, just make sure you’re main levels are good.

From what I’ve read, Bio-Actif has slightly higher Alk 8-9 and carbon dosing (most likely Reef Actif) pre-mixed with the salt. Mixed salt needs to be used within a day or two due to the carbon dosing additives.

I looked into this years ago because of the 8-9 Alk, but decided against using it since the salt can’t be mixed and stored. Pro reef can be left mixing and used a month later.

Tropic Marin Salt FAQ

I have 2 buckets of Brightwell Neo Marine coming Monday, very comparable parameters between them and TMP.

I don't understand how they do it, now reef crystals on chewy is $67 ???? They are all whacked ... It almost doubled. Maybe make up for their low price the other day. weird

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back