Sat. December 8th meeting. Elections and free food! Framingham MA

aresangel

Tim- 2020- Secretary, 2019 BRS President
BRS Member
Boston Reefers Meetings are open to all Paid, non-paid and prospective members(family friendly environment)

The next meeting of the Boston Reefers' Society will be: on Saturday December 8th, 2018 12:00PM to 4:00PM NO PATRIOTS FOOTBALL THIS DAY!

We still have open/uncontested positions for next years BOD.

Anyone interested in helping the club organization of events please express your interest in running for a post in the BRS business forum.

The location is: Framingham Elks 450 Union Avenue, Framingham, MA

Three/four frag tables set up!

@Elmafioso52988
@frank180reef
@Arsalan with BRS frags
@SeventyTimes7 with ReefJunkeez Frags

Message them for pre-orders!
2018 Elections/yankee swap /Bake Off Contest/Holiday Get Together

Meeting schedule:

**All topics and times subject to change at any time**
12:00-12:30 Meet & Greet /Membership Registration
12:30-1:00 Food catered by Teddy’s Lunchbox
1:00-1:30 Nominations and Speeches
1:30-2:00 Voting
2:00-2:30 Reef Swap
2:30-2:45 Bake Off Contest
2:45-3:00 Voting Results
3:00-4:00 -Socializing/meeting cleanup

There will be no water testing or fishgoo for this meeting

If you will not be attending and wish to request an absentee ballot. You may do so by emailing the [email protected]. You must be a paid member to request a ballot. Request must be made by November 25th.

Frag swapping is encouraged and please contact any BOD member if you would like to set up a frag table

**THERE WILL BE A KIDS ACTIVITY TABLE**

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Boston Reefers Meetings are open to all Paid, non-paid and prospective members(family friendly environment)

The next meeting of the Boston Reefers' Society will be: on Saturday December 8th, 2017 12:00PM to 4:00PM NO PATRIOTS FOOTBALL THIS DAY!

We still have open/uncontested positions for next years BOD.

Anyone interested in helping the club organization of events please express your interest in running for a post in the BRS business forum.

The location is: Framingham Elks 450 Union Avenue, Framingham, MA

2018 Elections/yankee swap /Bake Off Contest/Holiday Get Together

Meeting schedule:

**All topics and times subject to change at any time**
12:00-12:30 Meet & Greet /Membership Registration
12:30-1:00 Food catered by Teddy’s Lunchbox
1:00-1:30 Nominations and Speeches
1:30-2:00 Voting
2:00-2:30 Reef Swap
2:30-2:45 Bake Off Contest
2:45-3:00 Voting Results
3:00-4:00 -Growout Pickup (TBA)/Socializing/meeting cleanup

There will be no water testing or fishgoo for this meeting

If you will not be attending and wish to request an absentee ballot. You may do so by emailing the [email protected]. You must be a paid member to request a ballot. Request must be made by November 25th.

Frag swapping is encouraged and please contact any BOD member if you would like to set up a frag table

**THERE WILL BE A KIDS ACTIVITY TABLE**

December 8th is a Saturday?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Yes sir, unless I screwed up my calendar again! I will include that in the title.

Bump just over a week away! Get those intentions for running for office in to me as I am the current secretary! I need to print out ballots Thursday or Friday next week.

No one contacted me for a frag table yet. Last year we had @Greg Hiller and @frank180reef

I will be posting some zoas and an anemone for sale soon I fragged them last night once they open I will make a post. Frag swapping is encouraged so if you have anything for trade set up a marketplace post with pick up at meeting.

@Arsalan any plans to set up a frag tank for December with left over hammers, zoas, etc. from that tank donation?

I will set up a frag tank, if anyone has requests pm me

Thank you!

Hey @frank180reef

I also had Pablo offer to set up a table. If you still want to set up a table then it’s a go. I know last year 3 tables was a bit much for the crowd.

Don't forget to get something ready for the Reef swap!

I am doing this from memory but the rules are pretty simple.

Bring in a reef related item, Frag, Tool, equipment, supplies etc.
The price limit I think was $20-25

You get a ticket for bringing something in. As numbers are called you pick your gift and open it. The next person can decide to keep the gift they get or steal from someone else that opened their gifts. The first person to draw gets to steal from any of the opened gifts at the end.

Can't think of anything? Bring a bag/box and buy a frag from one of our three awesome vendors! (Or pay the vendor for the credit and then the person can pick something out).

Lets spread cheer and joy, share our goodies in the tank, and have fun!

See you all soon!

@Arsalan any plans to set up a frag tank for December with left over hammers, zoas, etc. from that tank donation?

Yes I’ll bring what I have left of the hammers and mushrooms from the break down and also a few other acro frags and maybe others.

I am running and nominating myself for vice President of public relations for the year of 2019 I would love your support On Saturday. Im currently on the board of directors and cover memberships I believe that reaching out to company’s and other hobbyists may be benificial to the club please support Ben Harlan AKA bendint for VP of PR thank you

Wish I could make it but I have plans already. Thank you for those who are stepping up and volunteering to be on the Board. I know first hand how much thankless work goes into running the club. Wish I had time in my life to jump back in but unfortunately I don't :-(

I would be interested in a BOD position. I cannot make it Saturday but I spoke with Ben yesterday and he encouraged me to throw my name out there.

Last time I checked, vendors can not run for officers of the club. Unless the rules has been changed. If that is the case, I would have volunteered too.

Last time I checked, vendors can not run for officers of the club. Unless the rules has been changed. If that is the case, I would have volunteered too.

I will check the by-laws. Do you know if that was a previous bod decision?

Not sure of the purpose of such a rule. With such a small number of active members, we can’t afford to let any resources go unused.

I agree.

I just scoured past bod forums and the by laws. Nothing states sponsors cannot be bod members. All it says if you are a paid member, you have the right to run.

I didn’t find anywhere where the 2017, 2015, or 2010 bod decided this. And that is significant enough of a decision to change our by laws. (Last ratified in 2012).

So @dz6t and @CrazyHorseLady I would be happy for both of you running!

Only person who has more knowledge than me would be @jamesdong009 so unless he pulls out a previously voted bod ruling I would say it’s a go.

If memory serves, vendors could not participate in the Auction.....that was about it (which has changed also i believe).

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back