Sat. December 8th meeting. Elections and free food! Framingham MA

I agree.

I just scoured past bod forums and the by laws. Nothing states sponsors cannot be bod members. All it says if you are a paid member, you have the right to run.

I didn’t find anywhere where the 2017, 2015, or 2010 bod decided this. And that is significant enough of a decision to change our by laws. (Last ratified in 2012).

So @dz6t and @CrazyHorseLady I would be happy for both of you running!

Only person who has more knowledge than me would be @jamesdong009 so unless he pulls out a previously voted bod ruling I would say it’s a go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If that rule does not exist, I am happy to run.

Talked to Anthony. He said it the same thing Dong. Conflict of interest etc.

May have been a vote by the bod but did not get ratified in the by laws officially. Anthony is going to look into it and post tomorrow

If memory serves, vendors could not participate in the Auction.....that was about it (which has changed also i believe).
I remember that, and that was not even in the by-law.

Talked to Anthony. He said it the same thing Dong. Conflict of interest etc.

May have been a vote by the bod but did not get ratified in the by laws officially. Anthony is going to look into it and post tomorrow

Thank you very much

How am I a vendor? I brought a tank to one meeting that we were invited to speak at. That is okay, I figured I would offer. No worries :)

I rather not have people upset. I rescind my offer as I was not aware I was a vendor and I was not aware of the club rules. Thank you all for your replies.

I think they run as a person and not theit vender names it should be fine like reef junkies or acro garden is actually dong and berto and angel I understand the idea of conflict of interest as they do have stores and stuff but we will see see you all tomorrow
Vote for me for Vice President of PR

Went through minutes for a couple hours the other night.

Anyone who is a paid member is eligible to run for a position.

@CrazyHorseLady and @dz6t are both eligible to run.

Currently unopposed spots are 1 Secretary and 1 bod at large.

I also understand previous bod discussions about conflict of interest having sponsors hold a position..... at the same time the better this club does the better the sponsors do.

As a sponsor, I won’t run for a position as I understand the conflict of interest as a business in the trade. Thank you very much for all.

But I will be there if the club needs help.

Personally I dont understand how it is a conflict of interest. Especially with oversight from nonvendor/sponsor BOD

Certain Policies dealing with cost of sponsorship, determining who can set up tables etc. minor things. There was apparently an issue in years past where stores were against hobbyist vendors and that cost the club many local stores as sponsors. I see some conflict, but none that would be detrimental on how the club is run overall. Thats why I am all for Dong and Angel running. They are both very active in the community and would be an asset to building the clubs activities.

Congrats! To all who stood up to ensure the club/knowledge goes on.

It was nice to be there today seeing all the old faces and meeting all the new faces.

I wish you all the best and future success.

Hope to see you all again soon.

It was nice to be there today seeing all the old faces and meeting all the new faces.

it was great to see you! glad you were able to make it today. great chatting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It was good to see you again! Hope to see you around.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back