SC Aquarium Overflow Question

Countryreefer

BRS Member
I'm just getting ready to plumb my new SC Aquarium 120 and realize that I cannot get my arm into the overflow due to the euro brace on the tank. It has 3 holes so I am going to run a herbie style drain with the middle hole for the return. It comes setup for the return to tee at the top with 2 returns. since my current tank has a HOB overflow, this will be my first RR tank. The question is if I glue the return tee into the bulkhead then install it as one, I will never be able to get to the other 2 drain pipes if there is an issue or I want to adjust the height later on. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

I usually leave things unglued when inside overflows. For this set up with the space constraint I would definitely leave things unglued.

I usually leave things unglued when inside overflows. For this set up with the space constraint I would definitely leave things unglued.

Thanks! Never thought of leaving it unglued. I thought the return would need to be glued in so it would not leak with the pressure from the return pump.

My aqueon is not glued and hasn't been a problem in 2 years.
Please let us know what you think of the sc.

For the price (bought it on Black Friday last year), I don't think you can really go wrong. Looks nice so far, but do not have water in it yet. Only thing I don't like is that I can't get my arm into the overflow and the silicone job is not the prettiest but better than I have seen on other tanks.

Put a T on the back side of the overflow with end caps on the top. This will allow for cleaning if needed.

If the overflow is outside of the tank and drops down then put in a y junction check valve thingy (not sure the name of those)

I put a t on mine. I can’t get into the overflow because the pipes I used were too large. But I have a T in the back of the tank easily accessible if I need to do any cleaning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back