Schedule 80 pvc

Charliedsc

Non-member
hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows a local place near Framingham that sells this pvc and bulkhead/ return line lock for aquarium

I don't know of anyone who stocks sch80 locally, but you can order from places like usplastics.com or mcmaster.com. (you need to create a buisness account to use mcmaster, but that's easy. I suggest "Charlie's aquatic supplies" :) )

That said, there is no reason to use sch80 for aquarium applications because nothing we do uses the pressures that sch80 is designed for. On the other hand, there is a good reason NOT to use sch80, and that is the ID of any given pipe size is actually smaller than the same sized pipe in sch40 (due to the thicker wall thickness). Also sch80 costs more. You can get sch40 pipe in grey if that's why you are looking for sch80, but you will have to order it online.

Tropic Isle carries loc line and lots of other fittings and whatnot, but of course everything is WAY over priced. All the loc line and other fittings are behind the fresh water tanks on the right side of the store as you walk in, you'll see everything if you look for it, but it's not openly displayed on the store shelves.

HTH

I don't know of anyone who stocks sch80 locally, but you can order from places like usplastics.com or mcmaster.com. (you need to create a buisness account to use mcmaster, but that's easy. I suggest "Charlie's aquatic supplies" :) )

That said, there is no reason to use sch80 for aquarium applications because nothing we do uses the pressures that sch80 is designed for. On the other hand, there is a good reason NOT to use sch80, and that is the ID of any given pipe size is actually smaller than the same sized pipe in sch40 (due to the thicker wall thickness). Also sch80 costs more. You can get sch40 pipe in grey if that's why you are looking for sch80, but you will have to order it online.

Tropic Isle carries loc line and lots of other fittings and whatnot, but of course everything is WAY over priced. All the loc line and other fittings are behind the fresh water tanks on the right side of the store as you walk in, you'll see everything if you look for it, but it's not openly displayed on the store shelves.

HTH
Thanks for the advice I’ll probably get schedule 40 from Home Depot or Lowe’s instead. I’m guessing the return line/bulkhead will be ordered online

You after the color? Can't see any reefing application requiring such heavy pvc. Electicial supply shops should carry it in a few sizes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Its kinda costly specialty stuff (irrigation, conduit etc) especially at FW Webb, what in/out Dia you looking for? Nothing under pressure?

Its kinda costly specialty stuff (irrigation, conduit etc) especially at FW Webb, what in/out Dia you looking for? Nothing under pressure?
My pump has a 1/2 inch outlet but I’d like my return pipe to be either 3/4 or 1inch

Sch 80 is made for pressure way higher than you'll see with any hobby pump. sch 40 is absolutely more than adequate for what you are doing.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back