Seneye Reef Monitor

Reefer508

BRS Member
Anyone use one? Are they accurate? I was thinking of getting one because I will be setting up a new tank soon and the par meter would be nice to have for all my tanks.

There's a BRS video where they claim that it's sufficiently accurate for hobby purposes.

The software is stunningly bad, but you can get it to work. Wish another company copied the hardware and put a semi-competent software developer on the project. Then it would be a great product.

Despite its problems, it's worth it. With LEDs PAR can vary drastically in areas that appear almost the same to the human eye. I originally bought mine to tune my lights, but have discovered that having PH and ammonia monitored for me 24/7 without worrying about calibration is great. Wish I had bought one from the very beginning, it would have saved me a ton of time on testing.

I have one and it seams to work. One of these days I’ll have to compare it to @Cpage101 apogee and see if it truly is just as good. It does need you to find the right angle to get the par levels unlike the apogee but for the price, I’ll wiggle it around lol

I bought one just for the PAR/PUR function. I'm running windows 10 and I was having a hard time getting readings. The trick was that you had to plug the Seneye in BEFORE you booted the program. You have to manually kill the program in the taskbar.

After that, the device works very well. I mounted it to an old algae scraper so my hands don't block the light. The readings were consistent to what I was seeing by growth. I was also happy to see I had high 80% PUR

I like mine but you may want to wait there’s more models on the way one monitors alk and another with a spectrometer.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back