Should I cut this off

JPags

BRS Member
It is growing but all white on 1 piece. The rest seems fine
3E5F7C7C-7FAF-49E6-8671-4C05A0860085.jpeg

Can you get a pic under whites? Is there tissue or bare skeleton? How long has it been like that?

It’s pretty white. Been like that for a few weeks but it seems to be growing which is confusing me. I’ll try to gab a picture tomorrow

It’s pretty white. Been like that for a few weeks but it seems to be growing which is confusing me. I’ll try to gab a picture tomorrow
The white part is growing in size, or the non white part is growing new tissue, or the white and non-white parts are both growing?

If the white part is not spreading, there is no rush to remove it.

the white it growing longer meaning it it not going back to the main body the top is getting longer. The rest seems to be growing too.

it looks healthy, just much lighter than the rest

this is under white lights

55D76E99-D6E9-4548-AE24-226DD1E5CFFF.jpeg

That is new growth and you definitely shouldn't cut it off. If anything it's the old stagnant growth that you should be cutting. But I would leave it alone.
Eventually, the color will be uniform. Either the old growth will lighten up or the new growth will darken depending on the tank condition.
Either way, this is a good achievement(growth) in keeping SPS.

Its actually the Teal blue monster from Greg hiller, so the base is more teal and this part is much lighter.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back