Shrimp eating anemone?

NHReefNoob

Non-member
I went to check in on the tank tonight and found my shrimp with (what looks to be) my rock anemone in its mouth. I have only had the anemone for a week and didn’t expect the shrimp to eat it. Has anyone seen this before? Any chance that it is just cleaning it? The anemone had been closed up for most of today, so I am not sure if it was already dying/dead. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• 9BBDFC27-2D83-4D36-A893-D5E91B156821.jpeg
    9BBDFC27-2D83-4D36-A893-D5E91B156821.jpeg
    133.7 KB · Views: 109
Yeah nothing is really reef safe. My peppermint shrimp did a awesome job getting rid of aptisa which made my tank free from aptisha but I couldn’t add any mushrooms he would eat those as well.

I sometimes think they either have food or are letting waste go and the shrimp goes after it and ends up taking the whole thing. Eventually letting it go to float over the drain, never to be seen again

I went to check in on the tank tonight and found my shrimp with (what looks to be) my rock anemone in its mouth. I have only had the anemone for a week and didn’t expect the shrimp to eat it. Has anyone seen this before? Any chance that it is just cleaning it? The anemone had been closed up for most of today, so I am not sure if it was already dying/dead. Any thoughts?
Never seen it in my life. A shrimp eating a flower rock nem

I had rock anemones for years, and everything was fine. One day, my urchin discovered one, ate it and the other two in the tank. You just never know, but I've never been able to keep one after the urchin developed a taste for it. Shrimp are the same way. Once they start picking, they don't stop.

I currently have a cleaner shrimp in The Penalty Box because he keeps picking at my csb. The csb is sick so I believe the shrimp can smell some Decay on it

I currently have a cleaner shrimp in The Penalty Box because he keeps picking at my csb. The csb is sick so I believe the shrimp can smell some Decay on it
I’m for sure the shrimp can smell when something is dying . And sorry to hear that is sick the csb I just hope it survives because it is mad expensive those csbs

Back