Free Site seems scummy

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllieCat

Non-member
Being a new reefer to this site..

This site is starting to seem scummy.

Someone is getting items for free, and reselling them ON THE SAME SITE??!!!

DOWNRIGHT scummy.

Obviously any corals this guy is selling something he got from that tank he got for free (one of the tanks he got free).

Looks like someone is making the community look bad to newcomers.

Not a good look at all to be letting someone openly do this.

Just my 2 cents.

The marketplace is both an asset and has always been a burden for the forum to my understanding. It has caused issues years back between hobbyist selling from their houses and stores that were sponsors.

It is a good community with information to share and a place to find cheap used goods and corals too. It not a scummy place.

Come to some meetings and get to meet the core of the community that keep the site going and I am sure you will change your mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do appreciate your input, and I do understand there are many benefits which is why I am on here and was going to pay to be a member. But with this sh** going on, why? This guy is scum.

If this is was such a burden in the past, why not make rules and regulations to rectify it?

I don't understand why couple people got so frustrated because I got for free a tank and sold out. I was not told this is against the rules of the group. Otherwise, I wouldn't do. The people that I got from had to take asap from where it was, so I did help them with that, plus it's my time that I give value. Now no one ever said anything about the other stuff I donated or provide for free, not even one said, ONE WORD. And you @AllieCat do me a favor, help the group by paying your membership and the right of your word when you at least are paid, member. I got couple PM messages saying to not bother with this comments, but is my name here and for the frustrated people, make it a rule, and I will follow it. OTHERWISE, SHUT UP. I'm not leaving this group, because I don't feel doing anything wrong. Plus I support the group!

Individuals have the right to buy and resell items, or get items for free and resell them.

We have marketplace rule, but if I got a coral on a deal and cut it up and sold it for profit, that isn’t seen as scummy. What happened happened and cannot be unchanged. So in my experience, we move on and don’t spend any more time thinking about it.

If it is something that upsets you, then remember you choose who you do business with on this site and that is your decision.

I hope you are willing to look past one of the many interactions on the marketplace when making your final judgement on the site.

Individuals have the right to buy and resell items, or get items for free and resell them.

We have marketplace rule, but if I got a coral on a deal and cut it up and sold it for profit, that isn’t seen as scummy. What happened happened and cannot be unchanged. So in my experience, we move on and don’t spend any more time thinking about it.

If it is something that upsets you, then remember you choose who you do business with on this site and that is your decision.

I hope you are willing to look past one of the many interactions on the marketplace when making your final judgement on the site.

VERY WISE WORDS
All the people I donated my things I said, do whatever you want, the same was told to me, even with corals. I'm not selling anything else in this group when I get it for free.

As @aresangel said, if you are upset with this, I'm not the person who wants to make any deal with you as well.

Best wish for all members and this amazing group!

Just take note of the shadey people lurking here and don’t support them or deal with them. I know of a few others that took advantage of others generosity and anything they are looking for or selling is ignored by a majority of the group because of their known history. Like every group or organization there will be some bad apples.

Again, I agree. But to take something for FREE and try to sell for 400$ is despicable. I dont care what anyone says. He doesnt need it or even want it.. just wanted the $$.

I'm done with this topic, karma always prevails.

Yo
VERY WISE WORDS
All the people I donated my things I said, do whatever you want, the same was told to me, even with corals. I'm not selling anything else in this group when I get it for free.

As @aresangel said, if you are upset with this, I'm not the person who wants to make any deal with you as well.

Best wish for all members and this amazing group!
Your scum, plain and simple.

I don't understand why couple people got so frustrated because I got for free a tank and sold out. I was not told this is against the rules of the group. Otherwise, I wouldn't do. The people that I got from had to take asap from where it was, so I did help them with that, plus it's my time that I give value. Now no one ever said anything about the other stuff I donated or provide for free, not even one said, ONE WORD. And you @AllieCat do me a favor, help the group by paying your membership and the right of your word when you at least are paid, member. I got couple PM messages saying to not bother with this comments, but is my name here and for the frustrated people, make it a rule, and I will follow it. OTHERWISE, SHUT UP. I'm not leaving this group, because I don't feel doing anything wrong. Plus I support the group!
Ok tough guy. You only paid your membership so you can sell FREE ITEMS YOU GOT from generous members. You say you support the group, yet you paid 20$ to make HUNDREDS off of free sh**. Your scum.

Last edited:
Just take note of the shadey people lurking here and don’t support them or deal with them. I know of a few others that took advantage of others generosity and anything they are looking for or selling is ignored by a majority of the group because of their known history. Like every group or organization there will be some bad apples.
However, usually bad apples are thrown out.

The problem isn't that you got a deal and are attempting to make profit on it, its the fact you don't sh** where you eat. This forum is meant to help others in the hobby not to use people. You don't/shouldnt need a marketplace rule to know what is right and wrong morally. I was interested in getting those tanks from carver and had no problem driving down there but president89 had made arraignments with you first. Its bullshit that I would have used them for there intended purpose and enjoyed them instead of turning around and try to screw the other members.

The problem isn't that you got a deal and are attempting to make profit on it, its the fact you don't sh** where you eat. This forum is meant to help others in the hobby not to use people. You don't/shouldnt need a marketplace rule to know what is right and wrong morally. I was interested in getting those tanks from carver and had no problem driving down there but president89 had made arraignments with you first. Its bullshit that I would have used them for there intended purpose and enjoyed them instead of turning around and try to screw the other members.
@paulopacheco hes talking to you, scum.

@AllieCat This is a great community ive been a member since 2011, met a ton of nice people and learned a ton since joining. It seems as though just over the past 1 year we've had a couple "bad apples" join but I definitely wouldn't let that deter you from this forum.

@AllieCat This is a great community ive been a member since 2011, met a ton of nice people and learned a ton since joining. It seems as though just over the past 1 year we've had a couple "bad apples" join but I definitely wouldn't let that deter you from this forum.
Thanks for the reassurance, im not going anywhere at all.. people have been a great resource when it comes to any issues that come up in the hobby and such, and there are some great deals on here. (Havent made any yet but plan on it).

I don't plan on leaving the site. I just feel the need to call out scum aka @paulopacheco and make it known.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back