Skimmer problems

Reefman603

Non-member
Hey everyone hope your all staying safe! So I have a RedSea max250 AIO reef tank and the skimmer won’t stop over skimming with lots of bubbles.. I’ve done about everything I can think of to try and fix it but it just wont stop over bubbling/ skimming ? Anyone have any ideas as to what is causing this..

Is this a new skimmer? A lot of skimmers when new will overflow. Just set it at a lower water level. Also the water hight the skimmer sits in has to be at a constant height and at the water depth the manufacturer recommends.

Is this a new skimmer? A lot of skimmers when new will overflow. Just set it at a lower water level. Also the water hight the skimmer sits in has to be at a constant height and at the water depth the manufacturer recommends.
Skimmer has been running for a year since I got the setup.. but was running for 4 yrs prior to that with previous owner of the system, I’ll play around with the depth of the skimmer and see what happens, thank you !

Also have you dosed something new or anything get sprayed around the tank/room ? Hands been in anything like disinfectants ,soap ....?

Also have you dosed something new or anything get sprayed around the tank/room ? Hands been in anything like disinfectants ,soap ....?
Nothing new dosed, and no chemicals or sprays get sprayed in the room where the tank is, I scrub my hands and arms with warm water before entering the tank so no soap or anything should be getting in the water, corals are all looking good, no problems at this point on that side of things

You can also check the input of air line tubing to the nuzzle on the skimmer pump.
Another place to look is the skimmer pump propeller, see if the magnet is in good shape.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back