WTB Small 5/10 gal hatching set up for Clowns.

Drichards

BRS Member
I have a beautiful breeding pair of longfin clowns. They are in a 15 gallon Peninsula on their own and have laid eggs three times. I have no idea what I'm doing but I know if I want to make this work I need to segregate the clutch. Anyone with any expertise and Equipment for these babies to thrive? They are on a good schedule of laying about every two weeks. The only experience I have is watching YouTube. I'm aware of the life cycle and food requirements but have no idea how to get through the stages successfully.

Proud parents

Attachments

• 20220905_191903.jpg
    20220905_191903.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 106
  • 20220905_191855.jpg
    20220905_191855.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 104
  • 20220905_191836.jpg
    20220905_191836.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 104
  • 20220905_191747.jpg
    20220905_191747.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 105
In order for you to get a breeding set up. For clowns to breed. it’s pretty simple it’s just a 10 gallon tank don’t do a 5 gallon do a 10 gallon that way. Your Fish will be more comfortable. And a 10 gallon for nursery for the babies

I don't want to pull the clowns from the tank, they keep laying eggs in the same spot. My idea is to extract the eggs before they hatch and transfer to a hatchery. There's nothing that will eat the eggs in there tank. Now if I can only get my black widows to sit still in there for 8 days, I think it may be doable?

I don't want to pull the clowns from the tank, they keep laying eggs in the same spot. My idea is to extract the eggs before they hatch and transfer to a hatchery. There's nothing that will eat the eggs in there tank. Now if I can only get my black widows to sit still in there for 8 days, I think it may be doable?
Smart move you can also do that as well

Where is your clowns Laying the eggs is it on the rock or on the wall of the glass of the tank
It's on the rock. My idea was to just mold some epoxy to the exact spot, in a way that I can remove it. Kind of like dentures

It's on the rock. My idea was to just mold some epoxy to the exact spot, in a way that I can remove it. Kind of like dentures
Very bad idea. I’m not sure if you have Facebook but check out the gentleman his name is Robert King clowns fish he uses I believe a air tube Flexible hose with a tiny light like a book light when the baby hatchery hatch’s they start swimming around and gets sucked into that tube. This is his sketch instructions. He’s an awesome gentleman he will show you how and it’s super easy that way you don’t mess with the pair That is breathing every two weeks

Attachments

• 70062322-1C03-4616-A67A-B33C516A731B.jpeg
    70062322-1C03-4616-A67A-B33C516A731B.jpeg
    127.5 KB · Views: 65
  • 4BF30962-D01C-4833-AA78-C088DCF9D2CD.png
    4BF30962-D01C-4833-AA78-C088DCF9D2CD.png
    264.9 KB · Views: 69
I follow him, I've seen it down this way. Also see people pull the tile the day before the hatch and aerate with the air stone in separate hatch system. Maybe I should go with Robert King's methods. None of the eggs have hatched yet on three separate clutches. Normally by day five or six there is only a few left. Not sure if it's just an inexperienced male being too aggressive aerating or these damn anemones walking knocking them off. I also read that the mail needs to fertilize them properly and if he suspects the eggs are not viable he will eat them. Apparently when they start breeding it takes several clutches in the beginning before you'll get a successful fry

I follow him, I've seen it down this way. Also see people pull the tile the day before the hatch and aerate with the air stone in separate hatch system. Maybe I should go with Robert King's methods. None of the eggs have hatched yet on three separate clutches. Normally by day five or six there is only a few left. Not sure if it's just an inexperienced male being too aggressive aerating or these damn anemones walking knocking them off. I also read that the mail needs to fertilize them properly and if he suspects the eggs are not viable he will eat them. Apparently when they start breeding it takes several clutches in the beginning before you'll get a successful fry
The older the pair is the better. you’ll get success every time when you pull the nest out is when you see the eyes on the eggs. I have breed years ago. I would move my clutch pot every 8 days Into a 10 gallon tank with an air tube next to the Hatch

The older the pair is the better. you’ll get success every time when you pull the nest out is when you see the eyes on the eggs. I have breed years ago. I would move my clutch pot every 8 days Into a 10 gallon tank with an air tube next to the Hatch
Did you grow your own rotifers or Source them? How long did you feed on rotifers and then did you move to pods? I really want to make this work and I'm totally an amateur. Appreciate any advice

Did you grow your own rotifers or Source them? How long did you feed on rotifers and then did you move to pods? I really want to make this work and I'm totally an amateur. Appreciate any advice
I bought a bag of L type. and I harvest every five days. to keep at least two cultures going and I would save a bottle in the fridge just in case my culture crash

You have to feed them morning and afternoon. The Rotifers So they can multiply

You need to feed them with this RG complete. Morning and night. The Rotifers 3 to 5 days and then you harvest even if you not feeding the baby’s. you still have to harvest so you can clean the bucket 5 gallon every 3 to 5 days

Des we’re my babies 5 years ago. I bred black snowflake clowns Only picture I have
Roughly how long do you focus with rotifer feedings? Then do you switch to live copepods? I have a couple pod cultures going. No rotifers though

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back