Solana owners check this out

Kevin McG

Ni Hao!
I hated that your able to see right into the cabinet of the Solana stand so I headed to Lowes and in the ceiling tile isle they had 2x4' sheets of cracked glass looking sheeting.

What ya think? for $5 I love it!

Attachments

• IMG_5836.jpg
    IMG_5836.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_5838.jpg
    IMG_5838.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 229
Kevin,
Can't you replace the piece of glass/acrylic with a black solid wood? Or take the whole door out and replace it with a solid door?
I don't know, it seem like since you don't want to see the inside of it(who does), it would make more sense to just replace it with something that does just that.

Kevin,
Can't you replace the piece of glass/acrylic with a black solid wood? Or take the whole door out and replace it with a solid door?
I don't know, it seem like since you don't want to see the inside of it(who does), it would make more sense to just replace it with something that does just that.

maybe in the future, this wil have to do for now.....I'm POOR :eek:

i saw a nice upgrade that was a refuge down the bottom that took up the whole clear section with chaeto and a light....kind of neat looking

Nice simple solution!

You could always spray paint the back of that glass black, then you wouldn't be able to see in at all.

I like it, I'm hoping to go the stained glass route like the one on the RC thread but maybe try this in the mean time.

I like it, I'm hoping to go the stained glass route like the one on the RC thread but maybe try this in the mean time.

Hey Kevin, they sell a film at home depot that you can place on the glass that has the appearence of stained glass, it is like 10$. It goes over the glass just like the tinted windows on cars. You just have to get out all the air bubbles.

I think the cracked glass looks cool!

Hmmm. have to check that out, although the one on the RC thread is of a sea turtle swimming and just really makes it IMO.

Hey Kevin, they sell a film at home depot that you can place on the glass that has the appearence of stained glass, it is like 10$. It goes over the glass just like the tinted windows on cars. You just have to get out all the air bubbles.

I think the cracked glass looks cool!

Never saw that stuff, where in the store do they have that?

Hmmm. have to check that out, although the one on the RC thread is of a sea turtle swimming and just really makes it IMO.

I love that one also!

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back