Sources for DIY supplies

If you are looking for Weldon in the MetroWest area ... The Spare Time Hobby shop in Marlboro ... in the same strip mall next to Monnick's has some equiv. stuff that's working fine on my wavebox kluge. ... seems close to the #3.

If I was doing a tank or a sump ... I 'd still get Weldon, but for a quick project ... it will save a trip to Boston.

can anyone tell me whats a good place near worcester to get acrylic. I don't want to travel to the boston area.

Black Silicone

Just posting this up so if anyone needs/wants to know the name of a strong black silicone used for building glass tanks. I searched many threads, and none of them really said the name/brand. This should act as a quick easy search.

I sent out a few PM's and they gave me the info I was looking for.

Thanks Guys!

GE Silicone RTV103 Black
GE Silicone RTV108 Clear

Black
http://www.drillspot.com/products/33...Black_Silicone

Clear
http://www.drillspot.com/products/33...Clear_Silicone

Info About the Product
http://www.silmid.com/getattachment/...Tech-Data.aspx

Hope this helps anyone that needs the info.

Source for acrylic and other plastics. I just picked up some black acrylic from them and they cut it to size for me on the spot.

Hart Supply Co.
www.hartsupply.com
50 Pond Park Road
Hingham, MA 02043-4300
(781) 749-4000

I get my hardwoods from Downs & Reader in Stoughton. I get my plywood and veneer plywood from Boulter Plywood in Somerville. I get my VG fir from Sterritt Lumber in Watertown. Cabinet hardware from Rockler in Cambridge or Woodcraft in Woburn. I bought PVC angle for supporting canopies from US Plastic, and they kindly sent me a booklet about giving my life to Christ! Thanks US Plastics :p

Great place to order water storage tanks.
http://rtstearns.com
Email them for pricing/quote.
I just got 2 - 65 gallon vertical tanks w/bulkheads (Norwesco) for about $120 each. But you have to pick them up in Portsmouth, NH (tax free) to avoid shipping. They get shipments once or twice a month.
Very responsive and they can order any tank from Norwesco.
20181102_164738.jpg

I thought I might as well make myself useful here and list some local and online sources for good DIY supplies. Please post other recommendations here and I'll consolidate them all in this first post for future reference.

J. Freeman, Inc. Acrylic sheet, scraps, glue and various acrylic-working supplies
65 Tenean Street
Dorchester, MA 02122
(617) 282-1150
or (800) 841-9442
www.jfreeman.com

Altec Plastics Inc acrylic stock, scraps, glue and applicators, etc
116 B St Boston,MA 02127
617-269-1400

Tap Plastics Acrylic supplies online, will cut acrylic to size for you
www.tapplastics.com

Rockler Woodworking cabinetry hardware, router bits, finishing supplies, etc
2154 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, MA 02140
(617) 497-1136
373 South Broadway, Salem, NH 03079
(603) 898-5941
www.rockler.com

Woodworker's Supply lots more stuff than rockler carries, and some of it higher quality (but only online)
www.woodworker.com

Woodcraft high quality hardware, hand tools, and finishing supplies, local and online
313 Montvale Ave, Woburn, 01801 - (781) 935-6414
www.woodcraft.com

CabinetDoorsandHardware Very inexpensive cabinet doors in all sizes. Wide variety. Looks like good quality. See pics in this thread.
www.cabinetdoorsandhardware.com/

F.W. Webb Plumbing Supply commercial plumbing supply warehouses
Locations all over the area
www.fwwebb.com

Savko All manner of tank plumbing supplies - true unions, bulkheads, John Guest fittings, etc etc
www.savko.com

US Plastic Acrylic stock, eggcrate, various bottles and tubs, PVC plumbing parts - basically all things plastic
www.usplastic.com

McMaster-Carr Industrial Supply catalog - everything from acrylic stock, electrical components, and plumbing components, to big rubber gloves
www.mcmaster.com

Grainger Industrial Supply Warehouses and online (sometimes they'll sell retail - sometimes they won't)
www.Grainger.com

Boulter Plywood Wide selection of top-quality plywood, and a fair amount of hardwood lumber as well
24 Broadway
Somerville, MA 02145 (617) 666-1340*
www.boulterplywood.com

Aquatic ecosystems Flexible pvc,Venturis, Beckett, Plastic Needle Valve, 1/4"
www.aquaticeco.com

E-Conolight.com cheap ballasts and electrical supplies
www.e-conolight.com
That’s so helpful. Thank you for putting this up!

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back