Sps pale

Post a pic?? Bleaching? Suffering.. dying.. struggling.. hungover.. could be a few things.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

This one is pearlberry but its faded but the other one is good

Attachments

• 20180422_171249.jpg
    20180422_171249.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 226
Turn pale? So they were of satisfactory color and now lost some color?

Give us some tank info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I got them they were bright and colorful my nitrates are around 5 phosphate is between 0.06 and 0.08 I run leds cal 415 mag 1300 alk is 8.5 run biopellets have 22 fish have feather caulpra in sump

Biopellets were invented for fish farming to reduce nitrate so that farmers can cram as much fish as possible in the pools.
Biopellet is very difficult to control as many factors affects its performance.
Over dosing, which is the common case, can lead to oxygen starvation, promote virulent bacterial growth and harmful to coral health.
Also not all biopellets are made equally, many are poor quality. Biopellets are very cheap and normally these cheap material are repackage for aquarium use with 1000 to 2000% mark up.
For carbon dosing, I will stick to vodka and vinegar. They are food grade and dosage is controllable.

Well for one pearlberry I have found to be one of the hardest acros to color up and keep it there. That is not a good acro to use to judge tank healthy.

I have had mine Colored and lose it several times now.

I never knew that but my strawberry short cake I wish it had it colors back I saw that bio pellets can make a ulns but if my nitrates are at 5 and I have 0.08 phosphate I have enough nutrients I just don't want to take pellets off and my levels shoot up

The so called ultra low nutrient tank just low in nitrate and phosphate.
Those are the only two “organic” parameters that can be tested by hobbyists.

The bulks of organic materials exist in the water column can not be tested by hobby grade test kits, that include many soluble organic that can not be exported by skimmer.

Saltwater is full of various bacteria that also can not be tested by hobbyists. Some are beneficial to coral as well as eaten by coral as food. Some are harmful to coral.
Recent studies show that coral can produce selective chemicals to manipulate surrounding and attached bacteria to their benefit, biopellets can disrupt this process as well as limited available oxygen.

As far as keeping nitrate low, using refugium is one popular way to go. Coral also use nitrate for food along with phosphate.

One question for you, how long have the frags been in your system? How long before they turned pale and how long have you given them with stable conditions after that?

Back