Stocking evo 13.5

Jbissell1289

the_Great_Bissell_Reef
BRS Member
So getting rid of my ocellaris clown soon due to smothering Duncan’s and picking on my yellow clown goby.

Wondering people’s opinion on replacing him with a firefish of some type and a royal gramma. Current stock with out the clown:

pistol shrimp pair w/
Black-ray goby
Yellow clown goby

additions:
Royal gramma
Purple firefish

I’m thinking that may be too crowded, but wanting to know other people’s opinions. Mostly because I really want to try it!

Royal grammas are such cool fish with pretty coloration and interesting personalities. They sometimes swim sideways and upside down. I didn’t have great luck with my late Helfrichi firefish. The firefish was extremely shy and lived under the rock work. The clowns may have been the cause of that though.

I’ve had 2 clowns, 2 shrimp gobies, 2 wrasse, and a pistol shrimp in an IM20 temporarily. There was aggression between the clowns and the wrasse and the Montipora in the tank suffered greatly.

I like to keep a max of 4 small fish in a 20 gallon. I don’t know how territorial a Royal gramma would be in a small tank.

Yeah I agree. I think it will just be the royal gramma with the shrimp goby and clown goby until I get a bigger tank.

Back