Storage containers for 2 part solutions?

IPWitan

Non-member
I am looking for cheap (emphasis on cheap) clear dosing contains to store 2 part. Idealing would be square or rectangle but more tall than spread out, and hold at least 2.5 gallons. Currently I am using 2.5 gallon water jugs, but they seem to get small cracks in the corners after six months to a year. Those cost 2 bucks. Grocery stores have plenty of 1 gallon jugs, so want something bigger and lasts a bit longer. The ones sold at BRS are $50-100, which seems excessive. I haven't seen a cheap Tupperware container either

I have some of those space saver jugs from BRS from when I was running 2 part, but they are only a gallon or so I think.

Yeah, I think they actually lasted about a year and a half - not 6 months. I didn't find anything online that was less than 10 bucks a piece.

those gift wrap containers look cool. not including the top 6 inches, those hold 19 gallons. [(17x10.5x25)/231]

I will check to see if my chest is that tall. If it is, I my convert my topoff containers to these. currently i use 2 10 gallon glass tanks for top off and kalk.

I am looking for cheap (emphasis on cheap) clear dosing contains to store 2 part. Idealing would be square or rectangle but more tall than spread out, and hold at least 2.5 gallons. Currently I am using 2.5 gallon water jugs, but they seem to get small cracks in the corners after six months to a year. Those cost 2 bucks. Grocery stores have plenty of 1 gallon jugs, so want something bigger and lasts a bit longer. The ones sold at BRS are $50-100, which seems excessive. I haven't seen a cheap Tupperware container either
get any trash can of 8-30 gallons at Dollar store

get any trash can of 8-30 gallons at Dollar store

I am not sure if any trash can will work. My memory is not working on my side now, but when I was searching for ATO and RODI water storage tanks I remember that some plastics can "contaminate " (not sure if that is the best word to use) the water with stuff you do not want.

I believe also will depend on what you want to keep in your marine tank. Some "systems" will be more permissible and could be you can use any trash can.

Nevertheless, because whatever we have in our tanks cost many $$$$$$, I will go for something I know it works and was tested/used by others.

But I could be wrong.

Cheers
Daniel

This?
eda37d5dda2c5ec7269b4194ac22b15a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good options. I will take a look at the pet store for multiple containers. BTW, every trash can I have found that meets what I want was easily $25 to $30 a piece. Usually they are wider than I want too. Also, the sides bend out on trash cans when full of water, which I don't generally like. Thanks everyone.

I have a pair of this pails with lids, i guess they are about 3 gallon in volume:
69c59afb180d6dd1cd5f29949bbeed83.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back