store location

scabbedwings616

Non-member
if you all could have a store location to get corals, where would you all put them? besides in our basement, where would everyone travel to be happy and make it worth while to go to for corals/frags? just curious to what people in the are are want.

It is the high rent of a prime location vs the low overall profit margin. You are basically working for your landlord in Boston area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would suggest marlborough. 495, 290, and not far from rt 90.

In the seaport district with all those apartments and condos going up there’s got to be people that want a little serenity once they get home. Double the mark up lol

Double? Not going to work in seaport district. lol
A decent size retail store front can run you 200 grand a year.

I just want something closer. I have one store that’s under a 45 minute ride and coral selection is poor. I know it’s a cutthroat business. Can only wish

We have dong he is worth the hour drive.

In all serious though there is a big hole in central ma for a quality lfs. Ive all but given up on the closest one to me, hardly any coral since they moved locations.

Where is the gap in central mass? From where to where. And seaport district is insane on rent prices.

There is one in Acton MA, good fish selection and will order what you are looking for, they are building up the coral but have an aptasia problem.

The next closest in central MA is auburn I believe. Other than that Dong in concord. Marlborough would attract people from Worcester (25 mins) Haverhill area (35 minutes without traffic) Framingham and natick (20 minutes) and franklin/bellingham/Woonsocket ri (35 minutes)

I am looking for a place that will be good for all people new to the hobby and older to the hobby that are willing to travel a little for good corals. we all have our favorite spots and know a lot about the hobby, but looking to grow this hobby in the area. central mass is a good idea but the city isn't a bad idea either. pros and cons for both would be helpful. fyi capital for getting this going isn't an issue at all. just looking to expand this and gain knowledge from fellow reefers.

The south shore plaza would actually be a good spot. It’s at the fork of rt 3 and 93. 24 and 95 are just a hop away. Only one fish store in the proximity “lovely pets “

Skiptons aka unique aquaria had the best spot off 93 back in the days.. I used to go there every week on the way home from work

I agree braintree would be the best it's right in the middle of major highways

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back